PDA

View Full Version : Side Camera Add On Where Do I Buy Them?

Retired63
12-05-2012, 04:44 PM
OK, Sometimes I find that backing up is a little intimidating. I understand that some people have side cameras and I would like to add some to my Newell. Thinking about what I would like to see on these, I am considering mounting them on the side of the roof looking straight down, about 3/4 of the way back. I can already see some of the side from the mirrors, obviously, so it might make the most sense to see a 'plan' view looking down to see how close I am to obstacles while backing. My storage spot has me backing up and making a 90 degree turn into my spot, with other RV's along the path. Where do most people have these cameras ?

Newellin Thunder
12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Not sure how looking down would help, it is a view that would feel unnatural. Some are on the mirrors, most mounted below. Keeping them low enough to see under slides can have other benefits.

Newell Boss
12-06-2012, 05:18 PM
If you were to take the RV Driving School or something similar you would learn how to use your mirrors most effectively for backing up. We had been driving RVs for many years but took the class and learned some really good tricks. I now feel quite confident when backing because I know what to look for and how to look for hazards using my mirrors.