PDA

View Full Version : Fridge not cooling correctly in our newell coach

GypsyCliff
12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Our fridge took a full day to get down to 40 in the fridge, and never any colder. The freezer works fine. After we got home, I checked the cooling fins, and blew any dirt that may have gotten on them, but other than that what else could it be. If it had a leak, or was low on coolant they usually freeze up right?. But not cooling off enough is either the cooling fins or like a vapor lock, or whatever it is called if it is not level while on. How cold can we expect out fridge to get, I do not have the model of the fridge with me but will post it later today.

Cliff

Newellin Thunder
12-05-2012, 07:01 PM
RV refrigerators take up to a day to cool down when first started up, so what you experienced doesn't sound unusual.

The Newell
12-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Cliff,

Try turning the fridge on a day ahead of time and you will find much better results. Especially if you turn it on and load it up with stuff while in the heat, it's not going to get cold very fast. Another thing to look at is whether you have adequate venting behind the fridge.

Joseph

Newell Boss
12-06-2012, 05:21 PM
40º F is the normal recommended temperature for the refrigerator portion, it should not be any lower than that under normal circumstances. Some small adjustments can be made by moving the thermistor located on the inside fins on some models. (see your manual).