PDA

View Full Version : I Over Filled Fresh Water Tank

Viva Las Vegas JDR
12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Hey
We're on our way to a couple of days boondocking so I switched the valves to fill my fresh water tank before leaving. Got a little distracted and after ten minutes found our tank "Full." When I ran out to turn off the water, there was quite a bit of water pouring out & After a few minutes, the water stopped.

All seems well now, but I have read that damage can result from overfilling the fresh water tank, so I will be a little concerned until somebody out there tells me that I didn't just create a repair bill for myself.

Incidentally, I do have a new water pressure regulator on the hose.

Thanks!

Prevost Forum, Newell Coach Forum, Wanderlodge Forum, Foretravel Forum, Millennium Coach, Liberty Coach, Outlaw Coach, Marathon Coach, Luxury Coach, MCI, Bus Conversion Forum

MrE
12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Pretty sure you just 'rinsed' out your storage bay. You'll want to make sure that it dries out but rest assured you're not the first one that's overfilled your fresh water tank.

Viva Las Vegas JDR
12-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Okay, Thank You Jon good to know. I kind of thought that but then again it never hurts to ask.

JDR

NewellCrazy
12-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Yep, don't think there's a problem other than a little spilled water. What you DON'T want to do is get distracted when you've got the hose connected to your black water tank flush

express1
12-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Yep, don't think there's a problem other than a little spilled water. What you DON'T want to do is get distracted when you've got the hose connected to your black water tank flush

Second that!

My freshwater has an over flow tube and just runs out on the ground.....NOT BLACK WATER. I've never done it but understand it will come up thru the shower.........

folivier
12-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Haven't overfilled mine yet, but it's on my listlol!
My neighbor's wife came over one day all flustered. She was dumping water out of the pool after a big rain. Let out too much, started running water to refill. Forget about it, overfilled it. Started dumping again, dumped too much. That's when she came over almost in tears. "please don't tell my husband" she asked. I said no problem, at least not for a while:o
True story and we still laugh with her about that.

express1
12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Haven't overfilled mine yet, but it's on my listlol!
My neighbor's wife came over one day all flustered. She was dumping water out of the pool after a big rain. Let out too much, started running water to refill. Forget about it, overfilled it. Started dumping again, dumped too much. That's when she came over almost in tears. "please don't tell my husband" she asked. I said no problem, at least not for a while:o
True story and we still laugh with her about that.

Forest, I've seen a pool jump out of the ground when to much water was pumped out.... not a pretty sight, or cheap fix.