PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter Location on Kohler Generator

GypsyCliff
12-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Kohler generator, Where is the oil filter located? I don't see an obvious location.

Cliff

NewellCrazy
12-16-2012, 05:01 PM
The Kolher web site has diagrams showing the location of various components, including oil filters.

Kohler Power: Technical Documents: Technical Library: Mobile Generators (http://www.kohlerpower.com/mobile/technicaldocuments.htm?sectionNumber=13361&nodeNumber=3&contentNumber=301)

prairieschooner
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
On our '82 it is on the left side of the Diesel Engine or the Driver's Side if you are looking at it from the front. We have to take the center of the bumper off and then there is a union on the exhaust tube. Now I pull a 1/4" bolt and the generator will slide out. I will be much easier to get the number now but ours is a WIX 33796.

Gimpy
12-17-2012, 04:48 AM
I second that you might want to take a peek at one or more of those diagrams provided by kohler and Prairieschooner made an excellent post in relation to your question.

GypsyCliff
12-17-2012, 04:53 AM
On our '82 it is on the left side of the Diesel Engine or the Driver's Side if you are looking at it from the front. We have to take the center of the bumper off and then there is a union on the exhaust tube. Now I pull a 1/4" bolt and the generator will slide out. I will be much easier to get the number now but ours is a WIX 33796.

Thanks Prairieschooner I will check the filter location first thing in the morning and I also thank you for the filter number since that will make my job a little easier. I have also book marked the link to Kohler for future reference.

Cliff

prairieschooner
12-18-2012, 01:03 AM
please remember that ours is a 1982 12.5 with a Perkins Diesel!