PDA

View Full Version : what to do in case of a tire blowout

encantotom
11-22-2007, 06:42 PM
hi all,

on the bluebird wanderlodge yahoo site they had a discussion about a member who died recently when his bluebird rv blew a front tire and went off the road. this video from michelin tells what to do in an rv tire blowout. it is not what most people think they should do. you ought to take a few minutes and watch the video.

http://www.michelinrvtires.com/michelinrv/toolbox/videos-demos.jsp#The_Critial_Factor

regards

tom

zcasa
11-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks, Tom. Very informative and encouraging that we can each manage a sudden deflation or blowout, if we possess the necessary knowledge and information. Appreciate the safety tip.

David #303 92 8V92 42'9"

hlfdzn
12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Shortly before we left on our trip to MN for Thanksgiving, I took our coach down to the local tire shop to have all the tire stems replaced. With the cold temps, I was tiring of constantly having to top off all my tires and noticed that the air loss was substantially greater as it got colder. While they had the front passenger tire off, they noticed a slice in the sidewall that I hadn't ever seen. They said it wasn't a deep slice and agreed with me to move it to the tag axle. After replacing the valve and reinflating, the tire started to bubble out. We immediately replaced the tire with a new one. I can only imagine what would have happened if that had still been on the front and that had happened...

The front is outfitted with SmartTire Sensors but I'm not sure they would help much with a blowout.

Paul
'93 Newell 45' #320