PDA

View Full Version : Why do windshield wiper blades seem so small

Rich Franklin
12-18-2012, 10:10 PM
I have noticed that on many motor homes the wipers seem to be too small in relation to the surface of the windshield. I understand that there is a limit because of the curve in the windshield. we would love a wiper that is at least 1" longer. Is that technically possible? What would happen if we would install longer wipers ??

The Newell
12-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Hi Rich,

As long as they cleared the edge of the windshield and each other, probably no problem. Just make sure that the bottom edge of the wiper will clear the bottom trim when it is in full motion.

MrE
12-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Rich, very good chance that a previous owner installed shorter wiper blades. As Joseph stated, as long as you have the clearance the sky is the limit. BTW, mine currently has 20" blades but I'm pretty sure that they would take 23" without a problem.

NewellCrazy
12-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Basically you just have to try it and see how it works. The size you now have may have been chosen simply because it fits.

MrE
12-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Basically you just have to try it and see how it works. The size you now have may have been chosen simply because it fits. or was in stock where they pulled over during that rain storm rollinglol

jWolfe
12-20-2012, 04:22 PM
or was in stock where they pulled over during that rain storm rollinglol

I don't know about you Jon but this has only happened to me "once" in a vehicle... not in my coach. lol! :blushing: :unsure: