PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect Switch While Hooked To Shore Power

Newell Boss
12-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Is it necessary to turn off the Disconnect Switch while Hooked up to Shore Power? Or or would it be better to leave it in the ON Position?

Thanks in Advance

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
I turn off the shore power breaker, hook up my cable, and the set the breaker back on. I do nothing in the coach since the power switches automatically between generator, inverter and shore.

Vantare
12-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Now I don't know if my Prevost charging system is similar to a Newell's but I was told by Prevost techs when I had a similar issue that the disconnect switch should be left on to maintain the charge in your batteries.

Steve

Newellin Thunder
12-23-2012, 05:16 PM
I turn off the shore power breaker, hook up my cable, and the set the breaker back on. I do nothing in the coach since the power switches automatically between generator, inverter and shore.

:dito: What Chester said.

fulltiming
12-23-2012, 11:18 PM
My '92 has a manual transfer switch so I turn it to off when I unplug or plug in (also turn the pedestal breaker off). I leave the transfer switch and both disconnect switches ON while plugged in. Since I keep my coach plugged in all the time it is parked, I always have the disconnect switches on.