PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Newell

Billy2694
01-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Hi.. Just purchased a 1997 Newell, 2 slides, last week from a dealer in Indiana, traded in my 1994 40' Prevost, plus some cash. What an amazing motorhome, this will keep me happy for a while.
Checked with Newell and they said it was built for Al Unser Sr. and they repainted it and redid the interior in 2006, it looks like new.

Looking forward to meeting some of you on one of the RV rally's in the future.

Take care,
Billy

The Newell
01-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Hello & Welcome Billy,

I hope you are enjoying the Newell Forums, You have just found and joined the most informative website pertaining to Luxury Coach Ownership on the web. If you have any questions/answers please feel free to post them or to send one of us moderators a private message. We are all here to help so don't be afraid to call on us! I'm guessing that you purchased the Unser SR. coach from Pantera? If so that was a very nice coach for the price.

Welcome Again!

Joseph

speedingsport
01-02-2013, 01:37 AM
:welcome:Congrats! on the purchase glad you joined us. :thumbsup:

folivier
01-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. Quite a few people have been interested in this coach since it looks like this might be the first 2 slide coach Newell built. Would you mind sharing the coach number with us? That would be the last 3 numbers of the VIN.`

jWolfe
01-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Billy welcome to the Newell community! Please join in the conversation here and havefun! Congratulations on purchasing such a beautiful Newell Coach. I look forward to meeting you and seeing your coach if the opportunity arises where I'll be at a future rally.

Neweller
01-02-2013, 02:51 PM
:welcome:Billy to the Wonderful Luxury Coach Lifestyle! Sounds like you have purchased a winner. If that's the coach it sounds like, there are many of us whom really liked that coach and from the sounds of it, you won the Newell Lottery!

Congratulations, I guess it is time to celebrate 3099!!!!! Just save some of that energy for your travel's.

Nasser
01-03-2013, 03:13 AM
Congratulations Billy! I've been enjoying motorhoming Prevost Marathon for more than 3 years, it belongs to my brother in law... When I got my Newell 88 I really felt that the middle entrance is a more comfortable thing! No more head bumping:bored:!!

Billy2694
01-03-2013, 03:34 AM
Thanks, for all the welcome to the forum responses, the number of my coach is #462, when I talked to Newell they said they had build 2 slide coaches prior to mine, I am not sure the first number for 2 slide coaches.

I am really surprised how good the mileage is, I was getting 5 MPG in my Prevost and I got 8.2 avg. on my way back to San Diego 1100 miles, it has a Detroit Diesel mileage gauge on the dash , which is really great, it gives me constant feed back while I am driving.

Billy

afrench45
01-04-2013, 03:10 AM
Wow! 8.2 mpg!? How fast were you driving? Do you know if your engine has had any modifications done? I would say my average is 6, I'd love 8!