PDA

View Full Version : Need A Quick Fix For Tile Floor

GringoPhil
01-02-2013, 08:22 PM
anyone have a fix on a ceramic floor tile, without taking it out, It has a small crack and I wanted to fix it.

Thanks,

Phil

The Newell
01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Phil,

One thing you want to think about, especially if you plan to replace the tile, is what caused that crack? Movement (subfloor) is high on that list (unless you dropped something on the tile) and will have to be addressed unless you want a similar crack in the replacement tile.

Joseph

GringoPhil
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Joseph,

Well that's exactly what happened. I dropped something and cracked a tile :cursing:.

MrE
01-02-2013, 08:52 PM
The DIY network recommends finding a matching paint to fill the crack with. How to Repair Cracked Tiles : How-To : DIY Network (http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-repair-cracked-tiles/index.html#step1)

express1
01-02-2013, 08:52 PM
anyone have a fix on a ceramic floor tile, without taking it out, It has a small crack and I wanted to fix it.

Thanks,

Phil
Find match, break out old, replace!

Cover with rug for quick fix:o

NewellCrazy
01-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Depending on the gap in the crack, I would take painters tape and place it as close to the crack on both sides then use a 2 part epoxy and push it down into the crack and level it the best you can. If a small crack, use super glue pushed down into the crack. Eiither way you may still see the crack and it would be easiest to replace that piece of tile.

1993Newell
01-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Cyano glue also fixes broken ceramic tile. This company I think is in the UK-
GlueShop Adhesive and glue manufacturer FiveStar StarLoc Adhesives Shop4glue cyanoacrylate, epoxy resin, filler, plastic adhesives, debonder, glue remover, methacrylates trade retail and bulk supply , one bottle to any amount! (http://www.glue-shop.com/) But they have a helpful site that explains the different adhesives and what they can do.

GringoPhil
01-03-2013, 08:23 PM
I am exploring just changing out the one tile as previously mentioned above.