PDA

View Full Version : State Park Maximum Space Allowed

CoachCrazy
01-05-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm looking at going to state parks and see that most list spaces in this fashion C9(53) for example meaning space C9 is 53 feet. I also see that they often say that the number of vehicles allowed is 2.

So here is my question:

If the space is 53 feet does this mean that I must be able to park both my tow vehicle and my motorhome within that given 53 feet or is there also an area separate from the RV pad for parking the tow vehicle?

I've scanned the state park literature but to no avail have I been able to find the answer.

Thanks for you help and responses.

folivier
01-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Many state parks we've been to have a separate parking space nearby. Also you may be able to park alongside your coach (your yard area).

The Newell
01-05-2013, 05:45 PM
You'll find both. It just depends on the park. They often say not to park on the grass. Usually you try to angle your car in such a way that you're either across one end of the site or you can park straight on at either the front or back. The only way to find out for sure is to ask. Some of the newer parks actually have a paved space for the RV and another for the car. It's really nice when they do that. Others are more cramped and sometimes it takes some maneuvering.

Randy J
01-05-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm glad people are asking about this. We haven't stayed. in any state parks in our Newell yet. but plan to come spring.

NewellCrazy
01-06-2013, 12:13 AM
We have stayed at a number of state parks and some have extra parking but only a few. One should try to park the unit and the tow in the space you pay for.

CoachCrazy
01-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the replies. As I suspected "it depends". It would be nice if the Woodalls directory included this bit of information. And yes, I should call but I did not want spend the time calling 50+ parks to find out each ones peculiarities.

GypsyCliff
01-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Have you checked Trailer Life Campground Directory? Mine gives a pretty detailed information on public as well as private parks, including facility ratings, site sizes, pull thrus and back ins, etc.