PDA

View Full Version : Decided I Should Rent Before Buy

Birdman
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
We're planning to rent a Class A motorhome to see how we like RVing and potentially buy one this spring for extended traveling. The best rates we've found so far are for a 34' Newmar Dutchstar from a RV rental firm in AZ. Does it make a difference what brand or size we rent so that we can get an accurate feel of this lifestyle? We plan to camp more than drive, but probably put on several hundred miles. Thanks for any replies

Carl

MrE
01-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Just be careful where you make the comparisons. Realize that it's comparable to staying in a 2 star facility rather than a 5 star, and driving an entry model Chevy vs. a Mercedes. What you want to concentrate on is how much the two of you enjoy the lifestyle, how well you get along being in a confined space together. :beer:

1993Newell
01-06-2013, 04:12 PM
I agree with Jon. You won't be able to compare quality of motorhomes. We all know there is a big difference in a Motel 6 and the Hilton. :laugh: Concentrate on the idea of a fulltiming lifestyle. :thumbsup:

NewellCrazy
01-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Great idea to rent to try it out before jumping in. I do recommend renting from an established well known reputable rental company. They will have their equipment in good shape where as some small unknown companies may not take maintenance seriously.

PS: I sent you a PM with my contact info If you want give me a call anytime

Sean