PDA

View Full Version : Fulltiming Pet Peeves

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
01-07-2013, 05:49 PM
I know we're not the only ones with fulltiming or rving pet peeves.

The folks who like to pull right up next to you when the RV park is empty. I promise we like people and enjoy meeting new folks. However, no we do not want to peek out our kitchen window and see a full moon! Unless of course it's actually dark outside. :laugh: Why must you park right next door if you have 35+ other spots to choose from?

RV park grounds keepers who insist on firing up the lawn mowers or weed whackers at the crack of dawn and want to mow or weed whack in our space when they have many many acres that they could've mowed or weeded first! :mad:

Unexpected company! If it's three in the morning and it's not an emergency then don't even think about coming and ringing our door bell or knocking on our door loud and obnoxious waking us up and the whole RV Park trying to make friends. We will never be friends! :cursing:

The borrower who barrows and never brings item back. Only way you get it back, (if you get it back) is to go fetch it yourself.:rolleyes:

What annoys you?

bigcatwally
01-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Drives me crazy when there is

Loud Music especially if it includes a obnoxious crowd.
People who think they own the place and they want to come up and tell you that you're doing something wrong or that you need to do this or that.
Aggressive dogs off a leash. I don't mind dogs but I don't need someones aggressive dog coming up to our coach barking and being aggressive or pissing on my tires!:cursing:

prairieschooner
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
How about the Rude ones that open their Slide(s) into my space, I call them Sliders.

Randy J
01-21-2013, 03:50 PM
All of the above! ;)

NewellCrazy
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
How about the Rude ones that open their Slide(s) into my space, I call them Sliders.
:ditto: I'm with you on that. Unless of course I'm the one with my slides open lol!!

prairieschooner
01-22-2013, 01:54 AM
I have found a way to keep the "Sliders" at bay. I set up an Easy up Framework at the Pedestal, really is amazing how that keeps most people away!

Neweller
01-22-2013, 02:08 AM
Do you have a picture of the artillery in action?lol!

prairieschooner
01-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Here you go., Best part is that we also use the canopy so we really do use this area.
Bu__ Heads that have no respect for others deserve no respect from me!

prairieschooner
02-09-2013, 03:08 PM
RV Parks that want extra $$ for Dogs! We were thinking about stopping at Ventura RV Resort but wait $4.00 per Night per Dog! No way

When traveling and leaving enough room to stop but they have to cut me off and hop in my lane!

stewart33
02-09-2013, 04:55 PM
The extra fee for a dog is bogus. It's not a hotel for cryin out loud!:(n):

express1
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Tricia could have left you home!!:o and saved $4.00!

prairieschooner
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Matt, where the heck are you? We have been to Arizona numerous times and you are nowhere to be found. I am starting to wonder if you are a figment!!!!!!

express1
02-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Back in La, at home, working at David Toms Golf Course,,,,free golf for my time there.:thumbsup: got no plans YET.3353

Leeann J
02-11-2013, 02:12 AM
People who have yard ornaments and I'm not talking about just one little cute flag. Leave the fake flowers for the grave yard people! :rolleyes:

Randy J
02-14-2013, 04:55 PM
One of my traveling pet peeves is that most (Welcome Centers) are only only open during business hours. From like 8:00am - 5:00pm. I don't expect them to be open say 24hrs a day but a little later would be nice. Every time we are on the road. We stop and the Welcome Centers are always closed. :(n):

speedingsport
02-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Barking dogs that won't shut up! (Please don't get me wrong I love dogs, but please for the love of God don't let your dog bark all hours of the day & night) Have some courtesy for others.

Charlotte Rosita
02-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Not a full timer but I have a pet peeve. Gross stinky dirty bathrooms without any windows or some sort of ventilation. :puke:

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
02-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Something else that bothers me is when people cut through our spot to save them from walking a few feet.

jWolfe
02-25-2013, 04:41 PM
People who think just because you have a luxury coach that at one point and time sold for a million + dollars that you are a stuck up prick and your goal in life is to impress everyone. News flash! Not here to impress anyone. Just like to travel for business in comfort & luxury, sorry if that's a crime to you. It has been said I'm one of the most down to earth guys around. I will talk to almost anyone it doesn't matter who you are or what you own. If you're parked next to me say, Hello! I don't bite. :laugh:

NEWELLWIZARD
02-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Amen Jay! I hear that.

stewart33
03-08-2013, 08:27 PM
My pet peeves: barking dogs at campgrounds that are just out of control and car alarms constantly going off at RV parks.

Hugo
03-08-2013, 08:47 PM
I agree with Ray the cutting through sites is my biggest pet peeve. It is very annoying to have fellow rvers cut through your turf. When you pull into your spot and pay to stay that is your territory to enjoy in peace. Walk around the park by following the paths or trails. Just like in a sticks and bricks home you don't want people walking through your yard to get to their house do you? :banghead:

CAPTWatson
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Those who do not pick up after their pets. Who wants to step in dog do do? :cursing:

The excessive barking or howling is also on my list.

I wish more people who own pets would have a little pet etiquette.

prairieschooner
03-10-2013, 11:54 PM
I agree with Ray the cutting through sites is my biggest pet peeve. It is very annoying to have fellow rvers cut through your turf. When you pull into your spot and pay to stay that is your territory to enjoy in peace. Walk around the park by following the paths or trails. Just like in a sticks and bricks home you don't want people walking through your yard to get to their house do you? :banghead:

remember my earlier post! I use EZ-UP type shelters as disposable markers of our area! 1st thing I do after getting the coach taken care of is to set up the framework. That in and of itself discourages encroachment.

sorry but we do sometimes encourage a little barking to also keep others away. We do keep dog crap bags on us at all times though, after all these are my "kids". :thumbup:

1993Newell
04-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Steve and Tricia people like yourselves who pick up after your "kids" are not the types I think others have problems with. :thumbup:

Leeann how about the RV's that light up their coach with Christmas decorations like this?

Leeann J
04-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Ed and Melba I would say that is a little too much.

Inside the coach I think it's too cute. I think I want a miniature tree inside for next year.

But like the one you posted above and these are just a little crazy.

Maybe they are fun and I'm just a party pooper? I just wouldn't want to drag that all out and then have to put it all away again. That's one of the things I love about not having a sticks and bricks home.

JustDustin
04-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Some people like to take the festivities with them no matter where they are. You'll want to steer clear of the Christmas RV Park (http://www.christmasrvpark.com/) a community where a decorated evergreen greets visitors and the spirit of the season is celebrated year-round.

Palm-tree-lined streets are named Cupid Lane, Comet Row and Candy Cane Lane. Campers play bingo at Holly Hall and watch football at Miracle Hall. Santa Claus knick-knacks stand prominently in the RV park's office window. A maintenance shed is called Santa's Workshop, and the horseshoe pits are at Sugar Plum Circle.

Some people who leave their rigs all year round never take their decorations down. Since it located in sunny Florida people go all out because they can enjoy Christmas without the snow. It would be cool to check out just to see what it's all about.

Wheeler
06-03-2013, 03:12 PM
How about the fact that on certain holidays it's impossible to find a parking space in an RV park.