PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Comfortable Folding Chairs?

GringoPhil
01-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Couldn't find much on this topic....We have a couple of those collapsible chairs that fit in a bag which is about all we have room for and after sitting in them for awhile they are not too comfortable...Have sat in some 40.00 chairs and they all seem about the same...

Are there some really really comfortable folding chairs out there?

smagown
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Check out the Zip Dee chairs. Top quality. Very firm. You pick the fabric colors & can match your awnings. I've got a couple. Around $90 each.
Thanks,

86loco
01-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Steve, I hadn't known about Zip Dee selling chairs and that is very interesting to know. Very cool idea matching things up with the awning isn't it? I will check them out too.

Newellin Thunder
01-13-2013, 04:02 PM
We sat in some really comfy chairs that recline too. The owner of the chairs told us he got them at Costco, around 40 bucks or so.

NewellCrazy
01-13-2013, 04:03 PM
I got a few from Lowes, about 50 bucks each. Wide, comfortable, recline and fold for easy storage. Worth a try. Good Luck !

The Newell
01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Have a couple of 35 year old ZipDee chairs. Still look like new. They are my preferred chair :thumbsup:

express1
01-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Only LaFuma!:thumbup:

JustDustin
01-13-2013, 08:19 PM
express1 is right only the LaFuma! Note that many companies make chairs that look like the LaFuma, but trust me there's a HUGE difference. The real Lafuma is excellent quality, it's very comfortable, lightweight and easy to fold up. Definitely worth the money friends. :thumbsup:

speedingsport
01-14-2013, 02:14 AM

Picnic Time Portable Reclining Chairs are well padded, comfortable and easy to bring out and put away. Sit down, kick back and relax!

Newell Attack
01-14-2013, 04:05 AM
there is always the Zero Gravity Chairs. very comfortable. you can catch them on sale at camping world on occasion.

PIExpress
01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I've got a pair of the Zero gravity chairs and they are comfortable but they take up some room. I've been looking for some smaller, lighter chairs and saw these at Walmart. They seem to have gotten good reviews and the price is pretty good for 2 chairs, I might give these a try. Mainstays Bungee Outdoor Sling Chairs 2-Pack - Walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Bungee-Chairs-2-Pack/15443799)

Anybody have these?

FJGuard
01-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Bass Pro Shops Big Outdoorsman Lounger Chair

$100.00 it's a great chair. There are a lot of suggestions and everyone's body needs a different kind of comfort. I would go to the stores and sit in some for a good while. See how they feel that or buy online from a store that has a good return policy in case it doesn't work for you.

Jon ghiles
01-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Lafuma Evolution Zero Gravity Recliner Chair with Air Comfort Padded Mattress

Features:

Black frame and black mattress
Wooden armrests
Lightweight and durable high-limit elastic steel reclining folding chair
Ergonomic back-rest with mattress suspended by patented clip system
Padded mattress consists of 3 layers of padding that is breathable and quick drying
Mattress continues from the top of the chair to the bottom making it idea for all user heights
Clipper system allows easy removal of the mattress for cleaning
Intended for outdoor use, it is best to store all Lafuma chairs indoor
Folds completely
Made in France
Weight capacity: 290 lbs

Neweller
01-14-2013, 11:26 PM
They don't give those Lafuma's away, they best be comfortable. I wonder how the Lafuma compares in quality and comfort to the one's FJ posted being sold at the Bass Pro Shops? I have a bass pro about 22 miles away and just love hanging out in that store.

GringoPhil
01-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Wow, Thanks Guys, I didn't anticipate receiving two pages of replies. Who knows of a retailer that keeps Lafuma's on display so I can test them out ?

Phil

Cheri Smith
01-15-2013, 04:23 PM
We had no idea that Zip Dee had fold away chairs. I googled it and came up with some pictures for anyone curious.

3170 3171
From the Zip Dee awinings website:

From the moment you first sit down on a Zip Dee Fold-Away Chair, the differences will be readily apparent. This leisure chair has everything - It's functional, attractive, simple to operate, easy to store and incredibly comfortable.

Each chair features a rock-solid foundation consisting of a steel frame encased in corrosion-resistant automotive chrome plating. The fabric is the same woven acrylic used for Zip Dee Awnings, so it matches in quality as well as good looks.

Our chairs are made exclusively from Sunbrella® acrylic fabrics, available in over 100 colors. Choose the same color as your Zip Dee awning, or choose a co-ordinating color. The fabric is easily removed for machine washing too. Every chair has a full height back for greater support and beautifully grained, natural oak armrests. They fold easily, thanks to stainless steel coil springs which keep the action fast and smooth. They store easily too, folding to a mere two inches thick!

Handy accessories are available, too. First there's the Add-A-Lounge Chair Extension, which turns a Zip Dee chair into a lounger. Its' chrome-plated and features Zip Dee's exclusive stabilizing rods.

Second, choose from two styles of Chair Carry Bags to tote your chairs or a chair and lounge. They are styled in washable acrylic fabric in colors that perfectly match your chairs.