PDA

View Full Version : booth or free standing table and chairs?

RChaiken
01-19-2013, 04:09 PM
We are very close to purchasing a coach with a booth dinette but others I know who rv recommend we buy a coach with free standing table and chairs instead for resale value. The problem that I see is when searching for used MH's the vast majority of Newell's have the booth dinette. My wife and I prefer booth dinette for personally, Should we take that into consideration and think resale over personal wants and is it true that most prefer table and chairs over dinette boothw? I guess what I'm asking in simple terms is What do you feel is the favorite, booth or free standing table and chairs?

Robert

rellick
01-19-2013, 04:13 PM
I think its a matter of personal preference, myself I would rather have the booth.

MrE
01-19-2013, 04:26 PM
We currently have free standing, and one of my wish list items is to replace the current setup with a booth. Underneath the seats of a booth is a great amount of storage space, and if you need to it can be made into a bed.

I certainly wouldn't put potential resale value over your preference either, when you go to sell it the very first buyer is going to want one with a booth anyway.

Neweller
01-19-2013, 04:35 PM
I find that booths are more desired than chairs as booths are usually much more comfortable. Funny thing is how most of the older or classic Newell's have booths that make into beds and many of the later ones do not. Don't the Ideology of this thought. Why not make them all that way for future resale. Two of my previous coaches had this set-up and we loved it. With them being such large booths you can really accommodate extra guests, kits of grand-kids. Of course this doesn't fare with those whom are traveling as a pair all the time. One another coach I owned, it had two set-ups with pairs of nicely padded swivel chairs which made it great for eating, working on the road etc...

Nara Queen
01-19-2013, 05:02 PM
One moment I wanted the table and chairs and the husband preferred the booth. I like a booth at a restaurant but I though in a coach it would be better to have free standing chairs so they can be moved around. :argue: At this point for us I think we aren't sure if we want a booth or a table with free standing chairs. lol!

Vantare
01-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Most people like the look/style of the free standing table when it comes to Prevosts. And it's probably a bit more convenient seating if you often have four people.

The downside of the free standing table is a loss the of substantial storage space that is usually under the booth seats. Practical-minded people like the dinette for that reason and might actually steer away from a free-standing table.

Your first priority ought to be choosing what you want, not what will resell best. If your heart isn't in the free-standing table, skip it and move on to something else. pick something that will add joy to your RVing experience.

folivier
01-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Hey Nara, no reason you can't have both. Booth on one side of the table and chair on the other :)

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
01-19-2013, 08:48 PM
I have had coaches with both free standing table with an extension, and booth in my Newell that expands. Advantages to both but in the end I prefer the expandable booth.

Oreo
01-19-2013, 10:35 PM
I like the idea of both.

Will Procter
01-19-2013, 11:22 PM
One of the criteria when we were searching for a Newell was that it had to have a dinette. We had a booth in our previous Class A years ago when I was a lot skinnier. It also doubled as the bed for our kids.

NewellCrazy
01-19-2013, 11:42 PM
If you are a larger person, the booth might be a challenge. It can be a pain sliding into & out when you exit. I hear this a lot from my larger friends although I'm glad we opted for the booth since I prefer the extra storage.

David Carrol
01-20-2013, 04:59 AM
I vote booth all the way!!!!

Nara Queen
01-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey Nara, no reason you can't have both. Booth on one side of the table and chair on the other :)

Both sounds great for us it may be the only way to go.

express1
01-25-2013, 09:10 PM
RESALE! RESALE! DID SOMEBODY SAY RESALE!lol! You best get what YOU like!

Gary&Terry
01-26-2013, 07:33 PM
I imagine that a booth is best in terms of resale.

NewellCrazy
01-27-2013, 06:50 PM
I'll share a photo

NEWELLWIZARD
01-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Beautiful booth. I'm another who is in favor of the booth.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
01-27-2013, 09:58 PM
The posted picture above looks like it can be expanded. I have attached a photo of my booth, and the expandable table. Cushions for expansion are stored under the bed until needed.32403241

RChaiken
01-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Booth it is and your pictures were very helpful in our decision making.

Robert

allen copper
07-05-2013, 04:42 AM
I like sitting at a booth but not in the middle! If I am eating alone, I still prefer a booth. They seem to be more cozy and private.thanks.

stewart33
07-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Allen I agree booths are more comfy.

speedingsport
07-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Like others have said it really depends on what you prefer. Some like a booth because it's more comfy and they feel it offers more seating space. Others like chairs because they may like to get cozy with only their selves and not everyone else. lol! It doesn't really make to much a difference to me. Just as long as I have a place to sit.