PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Fuel Gauge

Dom Ferris
01-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Gauge showed 3/4 tank when I parked. when I started up, gauge shows 1/4 tank, after running about 15 minutes, gauge goes to empty. Topped off fuel tank and gauge goes to 1/4.

Question: Is it a bad gauge on the dash, in the tank or something else entirely??

Thanks
Any help or info would be appreciated

Newellin Thunder
01-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Dom,

double check for any loose or corroded ground cables. Many electrical issues have been rectified by fixing a faulty ground.

Good Luck!

Viva Las Vegas JDR
01-26-2013, 10:18 PM
I thought something was wrong with ours too. Would not stay in one place long at all. Every time it went to E I had to refill. Amazing how little time it stays on full.:orollinglol:bounce:

lbrachfe
01-27-2013, 01:21 AM
test your fuel sender by grounding the hot wire. the sender is located on the top of the fuel tank and you will need to remove the cosmetic chrome cover if applicable from in front of the fuel tank to access the sender. when the sender is grounded the fuel gauge will rise to full, if it doesn't than it's a bad gauge or bad ground of the gauge

Neweller
01-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Ibrachfe had recently went through this whole scenario a few months back during his travels. Larry, I was thinking it was ultimately your fuel gauge, correct?

lbrachfe
01-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Ken,
Turned out it was the fuel sender in the end after many mixed signals that it was the gauge or ground. It was the interior of the sender shaft that had popped through the spring plate. I was able to easily replace it with a little phone help from Mike Ellis at Newell.

Dom Ferris
04-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Still experiencing faulty gauge syndrome, motor coach fuel gauge now always shows full so I never have to stop to refuel lol! please see my new post.

Dom

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/general-technical-discussion/5212-diesel-fuel-gauge-always-shows-full.html