PDA

View Full Version : Need help please

Mikeh
01-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Now that we have the best RV. What is the best sewer tank chemical. Thanks, Mike Haddox :?:

Richard and Rhonda
01-05-2008, 10:42 PM
For that you need a Prevost. Their s*** don't stink. :D Just kidding, the wally world stuff seems to work for me, but I dump and wash after every weekend trip.

fulltiming
01-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Mike, if you keep the tank flushed out between usages or use it regularly like Georgia and I do, you may not need any chemicals at all. If you use chemicals, remember that the formaldehyde containing treatments drive septic tank owners in rural RV parks crazy because it kills the 'good' bacteria in their tanks.

HoosierDaddy
01-14-2008, 01:34 AM
I am not recommending this but.....I have used .............vegetable oil for years. I built a new steel holding tank(black and gray combined) for my Newell 10 years ago. I coated it inside and out with POR 15 and have not seen any rust yet. My theory is that the oil will "float" on top of the waste and keep the exposed steel portion coated and rust free.

larrynjeri
01-14-2008, 02:54 AM
You might check to see if there is a electric device to control odor in the main tank. Mine has a switch close to the curb side dump switch. Not sure how it works, but it does. Mike at Newell tried to explain, anyway its in the panel were the water heater is located.

fulltiming
01-14-2008, 08:22 AM
For the electric odor control system to work, you must keep some water in the tank and have some salinity to the water. It you add tap water to start, you should add some salt to provide the means for ionization to occur.

My odor control switch is located in the same place as yours. I only use it during the summer when the heat tends to cook the wastewater and generate more odors.

Mikeh
01-20-2008, 08:50 PM
How is the switch labeled? :?:

fulltiming
01-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Mine says: Odor Control.

Mikeh
01-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Thanks. I'll look.

express1
05-05-2011, 11:39 PM
You might check to see if there is a electric device to control odor in the main tank. Mine has a switch close to the curb side dump switch. Not sure how it works, but it does. Mike at Newell tried to explain, anyway its in the panel were the water heater is located.

Yea, your switch is in the DRIVER SEAT.

tuga
05-06-2011, 11:05 AM
We use a product called "Always Fresh"; it is expensive but it works great. If you google Always Fresh you will find it.