PDA

View Full Version : Gen slide help

cdat
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
The documentation for our 91 Newell says that the release and switch for the air slide on the gen is in front of the front right tire. I have been unable to find anything that resembles the description, nothing in the wheel well, (looked just to be sure), nothing under the front right, except what looks like two horns, I can't find anything behind the grill on the front side of the passenger side, or the grill on the front of the newell. Any thoughts, pics or help?

John

ccjohnson
01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
It's in the generator blower compartment. That is the louvered door in front of the wheel. When you open it (ours has a spring clip on each side near bottom of door) look near top lleft of compartment. Should be a chrome "tee" handle, pull to release lock. Round red knob "palm" valve when pushed & pulled will slde generator in & out. Requires supply air system pressure to work. Be sure to keep "lock" pulled out while sliding generator.

cdat
01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks, I saw the louvered door but couldn't figure if it opened, or how. Lots of stuff to learn, one item at a time.

John

ccjohnson
01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
We've had ours 3 yrs now & still learn something new almost every trip! Sometimes it relearn something simple like " inverter can't run microwave, ice maker & lights all at the same time". Or, that inverter which is located under the bed in ours, goes into low voltage shut down & has to be manually reset.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
01-27-2013, 10:02 PM
On my coach, the ignition key must be turned on for the generator slide to work.