PDA

View Full Version : 87 Newell

rellick
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
G'day all, Just wondering if anyone knows of this coach for sale. Current owners name is Gary, previous owner was Ron Ellingson. It it located in Springdale WA, near Seattle. I am interested in purchasing it, is there anyone near to take a look at it for me? I would gladly pay you for your time. Any info about it would be greatly appreciated. It is in need of repair, subfloor is rotten near ice maker, interior is dated and needs upgrading, 2 new steering tires, and front air is not working. My biggest concerns are frame, suspension corrosion, and other mechanical issues. Vehicles from the west coast, in my experience tend to rot from the inside out. The owner did send me alot of pics and overall looks to be in good condition.

MrE
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Sounds like the one that John (cdat) was inquiring about. Looking on a map, Springdale is just north of Spokane on the eastern side of Washington, well away from corrosive sea air.

rellick
01-28-2013, 06:10 PM
My apologies, its Silverdale not Springdale, just across the inlet from Seattle

Neweller
01-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Keith, what is the coach number? I know there at least a couple members near there. It would be a matter of whether they come on here or not and check this post.

Silverdale is right next to Bremerton. I know folks up there, but they wouldn't know what to look at on a Newell.

Can they take some close up pictures of the frame works? Can you get away and fly down to SeaTac? The airport is only like a 30-40 minute drive from there.

rellick
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't have a passport Ken, I do have 2 uncles North of Victoria BC, Ill see if they could boat across to port angeles, I think its about hour and half drive from there. Ill get the coach number. Thanks Ken

Neweller
01-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Yeah, that could work. There are professional inspectors out that way and probably right in the Bremerton area, otherwise Tacoma/Fife is right down the road. The area is King for RV's.

rellick
01-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Penninsula Fleet in Bremerton will put it on the hoist and go through it for a 100 bux. I am going to email them the Alberta out of province inspection checklist for a guidline of what they require for when it comes here. Thanks again Ken

Neweller
01-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Good deal Keith! That is very reasonable fee and well worth it. I hope it completely works out in your favor.:thumbsup:

rellick
01-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Hi all, they sent me the vin# 1N9912X84H1011004 I don't think they have the build number

cdat
01-29-2013, 03:28 AM
Keep us posted and let us know what you find out, I was about 3 days from driving up there to look at it. Guy seemed pretty nice and honest, I'd like to find out if my impression was correct.
Thanks
John

speedingsport
01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Keith yes keep us posted. Hope it works out for you.

rellick
02-01-2013, 02:59 PM
G'day all, had the inspection done yesterday and it checked out great, the service manager was quite impressed with it, just some minor issues the seller already told me about, the seller seems very upfront and helpfull with it. We will start the paperwork today, still not sure how the title transfer will happen as he owes the bank some money on it, and their name is also on the title and I won't be able to go there to sign in person. I'm sure there has to be a way. I'm going to be stuck on what one to keep the 77 or the 87 or just keep em both!!

Neweller
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Good deal Keith! Glad it checked out ok. Paying off the bank or lien holder is usually pretty straight forward. You will need a 10 or 15 day payoff from the bank, this will lock in at the amount owed to them (bank) and guarantee no additional fees or interest charges during this period. You will have to complete the necessary purchase sale agreement and "POA" with the seller. Of course the seller will receive the cash difference of the payoff amount to the bank and what your final negotiated price is. The bank will mail you the signed off title. Now if the bank is near the seller and you are picking it up, then you could do it all in person.

rellick
02-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Hi all, Just for information sake when buying an out of state/country, if there is a lean on the vehicle you are buying, the bank or lean holder may only hold an electronic title, (that is NOT recognized in other states or at the border. The SELLER has to take the affidavid from the bank to a superservice office to get a title, if it goes to the state to have an original title made it could take up to 6to8 weeks for this process. There could be problems if the seller isn't co-operative with this process. I am lucky so far and my seller seems very good so far and has been very honest and upfront with everything. But I could see how it could be a potentially bad situation. So when buying out of state or country make sure to ask about the title before you buy, just may save a lot of headaches

Neweller
02-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the update Keith.

Folks, more useful information for your bookmarks.

rellick
02-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Well we got the title for the 87, 69 bux at a speed service, the paperwork is at the broker and should be ready to cross this week, the seller agreed to drive it up to the border, and the fellow that I rented the rv storage from in Abbotsford is going to meet them there. Mid April I will fly there and pick it up. Not sure if anyone has driven on the Coquihalla highway between Hope and Merrit BC before but its 50 miles of straight up. After driving in a snowstorm in december with my 77, I think ill wait till spring to drive it through the mountains. Check out this vidio, I have nightmares about this kind of thing.:ohmy:Canada Truck accident live Shocking video [ livetvstreamonline.com] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU-xpw8tsRc).

Neweller
02-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Keith, you two-timing man!lol! Well, I guess you can always say it's "His and Hers". That is cool everything went smooth on the paperwork end of things.:thumbup:

That semi wreck was freaking crazy!:ohmy:

rellick
02-28-2013, 01:32 AM
:thumbsup:Well, the coach made it through customs today and is sitting in storage in Abbotsford BC, can't wait to go pick it up in April!!

speedingsport
02-28-2013, 01:38 AM
That's awesome Keith! Sounds like the transaction and delivery went smoothly. I bet you're looking forward to spring now. :thumbup:

Neweller
02-28-2013, 02:17 AM
Keith before it's over you will have the largest collection of Newell's in Canada.

speedingsport
02-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Keith are you going to start a Newell Coach Museum? :thumbsup:

rellick
02-28-2013, 02:45 AM
Hey ya, maybe ill get enough up here and get an annual rally going!! With a classic museum for viewing pleasure!!

Neweller
02-28-2013, 03:02 AM
Hey ya, maybe ill get enough up here and get an annual rally going!! With a classic museum for viewing pleasure!!

What are we going to call it; The Annual Canuck Newell Rally and Fishing Derby?

rellick
02-28-2013, 03:34 AM
:thumbsup:Hey there we go! We could combine it with the river jetboat races and the poker rally!!

NewellCrazy
02-28-2013, 04:55 AM
:thumbsup:Hey there we go! We could combine it with the river jetboat races and the poker rally!!

I'm in! :thumbup:

rellick
04-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Well were going to fly to Abbotsford in the morning to pick up the 87, we will stay a few days and camp out. I think ill pick up some tire chains for the way home, just in case!! I have this reoccuring nightmare about the summits!!

1993Newell
04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Good luck with your travels! Hope all goes smoothly.

Neweller
04-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Well were going to fly to Abbotsford in the morning to pick up the 87, we will stay a few days and camp out. I think ill pick up some tire chains for the way home, just in case!! I have this reoccuring nightmare about the summits!!

I wish you a great and safe trip! One can never know what to expect with the crazy weather in recent years. I wish they would just leave Mother Nature the ___ alone.

NewellCrazy
04-10-2013, 05:34 PM
I wish you a great and safe trip! One can never know what to expect with the crazy weather in recent years. I wish they would just leave Mother Nature the ___ alone.

You can get any weather you want for a nice fee paid directly to uncle sam.

rellick
04-12-2013, 08:04 PM
:)Well we picked up the coach yesterday and stayed in it last night. It runs like a dream and most everything works as it should. The interior is dated but we knew that. Just in Richmond waiting for a material order. I got enough to do both Newells and some for a couple of boats I'm working on. We will probably take the Fraiser Canyon Hyw. On the way home. In a couple of days.

MrE
04-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Really happy to see that you started your post with a smiley face! I'm going to take that as "I'm happy with my sight unseen purchase". Looking forward to hearing what all you have planned for the 87.

rellick
04-17-2013, 01:49 AM
G'day folks, well we rolled in home this afternoon, the coach ran great and was very comfortable. We took the Fraser canyon hyw north through Prince George then north again through Dawson Creek. Hells gate canyon was closed but I did get a couple of pics I will post in another thread. I will give it the once over tomorrow then take it in for the out of province inspection.

Neweller
04-17-2013, 01:58 AM
Way to go Keith you two timing man!lol! Newell man that is. Will you be a three timer??? Well, she looks good sitting there. I know you will make her a fine specimen.:thumbsup:

I always like going up the Fraser River, I need to make that run again in future, maybe the summer of '14.

rellick
06-10-2013, 01:02 AM
Howdy friends! Just rolled in last night from a job, she ran great an is very comfortable to stay in.:thumbsup: I figured I would update on some of the interior work I have done. The inside from the bedroom forward was pretty much stripped, thankfully the floor under the counter was still ok. The old fridge must have been leaking, we stripped the floor right down to the aluminum that is attached to the steel inner structure. Its basically a big tray then a layer of 1/2" plywood with 2 layers of 1/2" plywood strips laminated together as mini joists that are about 1-1/2 wide on 20" centers, in the spaces between they put 1'' styrofoam to bring it up level then another layer of 1/2" plywood over that. Once that was replaced we put a 5/16 plywood subfloor down over the whole floor with PL400 then screwed it on a 6" grid. I tell you its SOLID!! My house isnt even built like this!! We put paint on the floor under the sofa just so it wasnt bare wood. We didnt find it necessary to remove the furnace and put flooring there. I will follow with pics of the finished floor. The bathroom floor had carpet that we stripped, so that got subfloor and new flooring also. (carpet in a bathroom is just wrong:puke:)
The dinette was stripped and re-upholsterd as you can see from the pics. Next will be the steps, entry door and flip down floor. Also the arm chairs. Once its all in there we'll see how it looks and maybe add some finishing touches, any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!:)

chockwald
06-10-2013, 01:31 AM
Lookin' good Keith.....looking forward to seeing you and the coach in person in Cochrane July 3rd!

Neweller
06-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Keith, you're doing it right and that is really important for you or the next owner. I agree with NO carpet in the bathroom or a kitchen. I have known people who want carpet in their kitchens and baths, for sanitary reasons you best be having all systems in top order all the time and for sanitary reason you will need to change it out often. Which makes the whole scenario nonsense to me.

The color choices should turn out sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

That's a pretty hefty load with that being a duramax 4x4 full of gear. Shows the Newell didn't care either way.:thumbsup:

Now for ideas..... are we considering electric radiant floor heat? I know of a company in my area that is auctioning off it crap load of radiant heating panel rolls in various sizes for very cheap! It's an online auction buddy of mine doing it for them this week if anyone is interested I'll post the link?

bigcatwally
06-10-2013, 04:16 AM
Keith it's looking amazing! Keep it up it's going to be one hell of a coach when you're done.

Ken I'd be interested in that radiant heating link. Before I install that wood laminate that you sent my way. Thanks again for that the wife is excited to see it installed.

1993Newell
06-10-2013, 02:28 PM
It looks great Keith! Newells are built like a rock. I agree carpet in the bathroom is just yuck.

Neweller
06-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Wally, here is the link for the radiant heating auction: Equip-bid.com

http://www.equip-bid.com/kcdrop/kcdrop642/T1-1.jpg
(http://www.equip-bid.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?kcdrop642/category/ALL)

Cheri Smith
06-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I can't wait to see the overall finished project inside. No carpet in the bathroom or kitchen for me in a house or our Newell. I don't know much about whats a good deal on radiant heating but Ken that seems like a really great deal.

rellick
06-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Just some update pics of the front passenger seat. I did some structural repair and added a 1-1/2'' spacer underneath to raise the seat a little.

rellick
06-15-2013, 06:58 PM
....and the arm chairs

rellick
06-15-2013, 07:06 PM
The inside door panel, with newell coach emblem embroidered, the one in black was for practice. I would like to replace the handles with something, not sure what yet.....

chockwald
06-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Nice work Keith.....you are a man of all trades apparently!

Neweller
06-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about! That is what I call the sweeeeeeeeettttttttttt hook up. Whomever is lucky enough to get this baby off you, will have a super nice coach.:thumbup:

RoDesign
06-15-2013, 08:25 PM
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's a fabulous job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: I love the fabric and color choice.

Neweller
06-15-2013, 08:35 PM
I was just thinking that the Canadian dude out of BC should be standing in line for this baby if he's still looking for a classic Newell. He had told me that the reason he was looking at the coach down in Florida with the remodeled interior was because he and his wife like cloth upholstery and most Newell have leather or synthetic leather.

NEWELLWIZARD
06-15-2013, 09:02 PM
It's looking good man! :thumbsup: You are really doing a number on this coach. Do you plan on selling it or keeping it when you're done?

rellick
06-15-2013, 09:29 PM
It's looking good man! :thumbsup: You are really doing a number on this coach. Do you plan on selling it or keeping it when you're done?
It will regretfully be for sale, I have to sell one, the collection is getting a little large!! the 77 still needs quite a bit more work and I think we will be keeping it around for a while (everytime I drive one I decide to sell the other one!!lol) Someone will have a nice coach for years to come, this one has been recently gov't inspected and all repairs done, It really is a sweet machine!!

NEWELLWIZARD
06-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah someone will! I like the Newell Coach embroidery. :thumbsup:

Yachts
06-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Would you sell some more of the embroidery patches?

Neweller
06-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Marc, you're just trying to hook your rolling condo up overnight. We sound like a bunch of kids in the candy store here.rollinglol I don't know who I should blame anymore? I'm half guilty myself! Oh well, you only live once they say. Just ask forgiveness, right Keith?

rellick
06-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Its SOMETIMES easier to ask forgiveness rather than permission!! :bandit:

rellick
06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
The 87 is nearly finished just a couple of minor details left, the difference is like night and day!! :thumbsup:

Cheri Smith
06-29-2013, 06:17 PM
It looks fantastic Keith! It all goes well together. :thumbsup:

MrE
06-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Looks awesome! What are your shop rates? Do you pick up and deliver? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-chores041.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Neweller
06-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Looking good! Somebody reading on this message board ought to come make you a deal and get a nice freshly redone coach while it's all new. I guess I should have bought that darn '85 so we could breathed some new life back into her. Folks, with this kind of care and work going into these Newell's, there will definitely be more nice coaches still around for lucky future owners.:thumbsup:

rellick
06-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Here is some more pics of the door , entrance and the pass seat.

rellick
06-29-2013, 07:49 PM
I did put a local ad here the price is in canadian dollars, I do have a couple of people seriously interested already, I dont think I will have it long, O I did gut the wet bay and rebuilt it all as well. She is ready to hit the open road and will be a very nice coach for years to come.
Newell Luxury Coach Motorhome 475 hp Diesel Pusher - Grande Prairie RV For Sale - Kijiji Grande Prairie Canada. (http://grandeprairie.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=498461511&Guid=13f83608-f5e0-a20b-2774-5a23ffff5543&MessageId=MSG.VIEW_AD.EDIT_AD_SUCCESSFULMXmessageU rlMZhttp%3A%2F%2Fgrandeprairie.kijiji.ca%2Fc-AdDetails%3FAdId%3D498461511%26Guid%3D13f83608-f5e0-a20b-2774-5a23ffff5543&mpname=Activity-EditAd&mpuid=1700233%3B333%3B498461511%3B59482923%3B%3B)

Neweller
06-30-2013, 04:18 AM
She's a sexy machine for sure! :bandit: Waiting to be somebody's grand prize gem and ready for a full scenic tour of North America.

Nice ad by the way.:bounce:

NewellCrazy
06-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Keith,

I'm Impressed are your services for hire? Outstanding job I'm sure you'll find a buyer for that beauty.

rellick
06-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Keith,

I'm Impressed are your services for hire? Outstanding job I'm sure you'll find a buyer for that beauty.
Sean, Yes I am for hire, my list of projects is quite long right nowhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky086.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) but anything is possible if there is no rush, I have 2 coaches to do and 4 boats with plans on building a couple of boats from scratch:bandit:

Neweller
06-30-2013, 06:02 PM
If you're not getting hit by >>>> hitting the fan, then things just are going right in a normal world. Heck, it's Sunday and we just loaded a couple of pallets of Canadian Solar by hand, while enjoying listening to a couple of my favorite Canadian bands (hint 1: "Fight The Good Fight"), and now I'm making a response to Canadian member. I guess we are getting ready for Canada Day! :beer:Does that sound crazy or funny? idkrollinglol

Randy J
06-30-2013, 07:50 PM
It's looking mighty fine. Job well done!

Wheeler
06-30-2013, 07:55 PM
It looks great, thanks for coming back to share an update and photos with us. Was the upholstery an easy battle?

MrE
06-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Thinking about picking some other forum members up and heading to Sexsmith http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-transport014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) just to observe http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky086.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Neweller
07-01-2013, 03:09 AM
Don't forget me, I'll bring the nice strato-loungers for everyone's comfort during the observation. Oh heck, I already see myself on board!
Darn these soft topic discussions anyway.:behindsofa:

Hugo
07-02-2013, 11:37 PM
MrE that sounds like a great idea. He has really put some work in this coach. :thumbsup: I'd like to see it when it's done.

JustDustin
07-03-2013, 01:24 PM
It looks sweet! That embroidery and upholstery makes a world of a difference. The new flooring looks really good too!

speedingsport
07-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Keith it looks great man! Thanks for continuing to give us feedback and pictures. The new interior fits perfectly.