PDA

View Full Version : Dish Receiver Problems

RW Wiley
02-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Satellite receiver in front won't download programming, but the receiver in the bedroom will no problem.

The front receiver locks on satellite 119 and then begins the download. At some point during the download, the receiver switches to satellite 110 which causes conflict.

Anyone else have Dish Network and experience the same/similar problems?

NewellCrazy
02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Hi RW, Call Dish, this sounds like a receiver issue not an RV issue and keep pressing 0 until you get a live person, shouldn't take too many 0"s to get someone :thumbup:

Newell Attack
02-02-2013, 05:08 PM
I would switch the setbox locations first. Move the box in the rear to the front and the front to the rear. If the problems remains, unplug one of the boxes. Then call dish.

Jeff

folivier
02-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Here is the number to the Dish RV group. They should know more about problems with RV's. We use this number to call and get our local spotbeam changed as we travel.
DISH RV Service Direct Number
1-888-309-0370

express1
02-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Here is the number to the Dish RV group. They should know more about problems with RV's. We use this number to call and get our local spotbeam changed as we travel.
DISH RV Service Direct Number
1-888-309-0370
You can call dish and they will walk you thru Or you can play and swap front and back Or do a check switch on conflicting receiver.

Still having fun in Cedar Key?:thumbsup:

The Newell
02-02-2013, 11:18 PM
It sounds like the check switch settings got lost in that box...I don't know your set up but a good check switch might put that back in order...You can only see one satellite at a time so I'd put it on 119 and then boot the box up...when a box is downloading...it doesn't care if it sees 119, 110 etc....it gets it stuff when the guide downloads....

The box may just need a ping from dish to get it back alive again...go to the switch settings and see if you see 119/110 there...don't do check switch just go there and don't start it...if you don't see 119 and 110 there that's the problem...I just don't know your settings on your dome to get a successful check switch out of it.

Or call dish if you can't locate these settings as previously said.

Joseph