PDA

View Full Version : Close to Purchase need an RV Inspector

MidnightMason
02-03-2013, 05:07 PM
hey all! been lurking here for quite a while. the wife and I are pretty close to making our purchase and as part of the process, we want to hire an independent RV inspector on any MH we're truly interested in. we're located in Virgina, but looking at rigs all over the northeast. specifically there's one in upstate NY and we're looking for somebody to inspect in that area. I can't bring myself to trust a dealer, whether auto or rv! http://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/images/smile.gif

I've searched the forums but haven't come across anything - so thought I'd ask directly.

please respond if anybody has recommendations. Thanks so much!

Mason Rolsky

rellick
02-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi Mason, I just recently purchased one myself, I just went on google and typed in RV inspector and(city where the coach is located) and a list of them popped up, I picked the one I thought was the most reputable. This worked out very well for me. Good luck!!

NewellCrazy
02-04-2013, 03:54 PM
I would consider a RV inspector to be in the same category as a home inspector. Many of them do not know any more than you know. Make sure you screen them with a few questions to make sure they know their stuff.

prairieschooner
02-05-2013, 03:43 PM
But some could be great, being a Marine Surveyor I do this job on boats. I also have sample surveys that I send out to show what my work is like so you should be able to ask for that.
While I agree with Sean in that some are not great others are very experienced. You may need to pay travel expenses to get a good one but how much are you spending? Be very careful about a salesman that has one "in the pocket". Still they would only be on and in the coach for a few hours, I think that I inspected the '82 that we bought for about 8-9 hours in 2 days. And I sent out Oil Samples to a Lab for Analysis.

In Morro Bay today and off to Moss Landing this afternoon

express1
02-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Buy my coach and I will do the inspection for free!:o

speedingsport
02-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Please note: you should have a inspector who doesn't own the coach inspect it. ;) haha

MrE
02-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't know about that, if I was to buy a coach from the Newell factory and Karl Blade offered to do the inspection I would be honored. :thumbup:
Please note: you should have a inspector who doesn't own the coach inspect it. ;) haha

Neweller
02-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Buy my coach and I will do the inspection for free!:o

Not to kiss any a$$ around here, but I have to believe by what I know of this coach that if Matt (express1) is throwing in the inspection, you will probably get a COMPLETE once over on all "needed to know" aspects of this awesome well maintained coach. It's in great shape and probably worth more $$$ than the majority of all other '96 Newell's out there. I wouldn't also suspect you could negotiate a full stocked cabinet. In fact If I were inclined to buy it, I would ask for the 50 yr old bottle of JD tucked away! Just saying.