PDA

View Full Version : Couch Recover or Buy New?

Dom Ferris
02-05-2013, 05:15 PM
The couch in our newell could use a facelift. Are we better off recovering it or just replacing it with a new sofa? Thanks

Dom Ferris

GringoPhil
02-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Check with an upholsterer in your area. You can buy new furniture, but having your existing couch recovered means that you can chose the quality of fabric you want, and upgrade the foam, etc.
When I had some things recovered, I found out that the variable is in the cost of the fabric. The labor was pretty constant and it turned out great!

Viva Las Vegas JDR
02-06-2013, 01:10 AM
We had our sofa reupholstered for less than $300. We shopped for the upholstery fabric and found good quality fabric at a discount fabric store. We also did the removal and re-install ourselves. We also used the same fabric on the dining chairs.

Cost is just a function of how much you want to do your self.

JDR

speedingsport
02-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I would say it depends on the condition of the coach. If you need new foam, fabric and it needs to be reinforced then maybe you should think about getting a new couch. Do you like the style? is it comfortable to you? If you answered no to these questions then I would say buy a new couch. :o

Leeann J
02-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Look into both options. Way them both out and decide what best fits your budget.

FJGuard
02-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I say get yourself a new one.

Dom Ferris
02-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Okay, well wife wants to recover the coach now I need to start searching for an upholstery shop in my area. I'll Keep everyone updated, Dom