PDA

View Full Version : disposing of trash?

Maxwell55
02-08-2013, 09:18 PM
if you go from rv park to rv park I know you can throw trash away before you leave or upon arrival. but what do you do while you boondock or when you're traveling? where and how do you dispose your trash?

jWolfe
02-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Truck stops are a great place to throw away trash. Fill up and dispose of your trash at the same time.

speedingsport
02-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Yes like Jay said truck stops are good. Another great place to dispose of trash would be rest areas.

1993Newell
02-14-2013, 02:58 PM
If you're fulltiming you will now have to carry every bag of trash to the dumpster or along your route you'll need to drop some trash. Once we started fulltiming we became a lot more aware of how much we throw away. We have cut back our trash by buying products with less packaging and if it does come with packaging that won't be needed we take it out of the package and dispose of it at the stores trash can before we come back to our coach. A lot of RV parks have recycle bins as well and we keep a reusable recycle bag for bottles or cans that can be recycled.

JustDustin
02-14-2013, 05:53 PM
The rving trash truth. Fueling up? dispose of trash. Getting some food? dispose of trash. Stopping at a rest area? dispose of trash. :thumbup:

prairieschooner
02-14-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm considering installing a Trash Compacter when I redo our front closet

MrE
02-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Driving around the country and looking at the sides of the road, it appears that many dispose of their trash simply by throwing it out the window.:cursing:

Charlotte Rosita
02-14-2013, 10:20 PM
MrE I regretfully agree. It's sad I have seen many people throw things out their window as though it's no big deal. Wrappers, cups, diapers and so on.

folivier
02-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah Charlotte, some people can be pretty disgusting. Once when driving through a small town here in Louisiana I had someone throw a dirty diaper out their window and it landed on my windshield! Lucky my wife was with me or I'd be in jail for assault.

cdat
02-14-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure my wife would have been able to stop me.

prairieschooner
02-14-2013, 11:17 PM
yeah but Cindy is a spitfire! and a Cajun one at that.

MrE
02-14-2013, 11:45 PM
What a $H*TTY thing to do:ahhhhh: :-###.. (how come we don't have an emoticon for being sick?) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sick015.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
Yeah Charlotte, some people can be pretty disgusting. Once when driving through a small town here in Louisiana I had someone throw a dirty diaper out their window and it landed on my windshield! Lucky my wife was with me or I'd be in jail for assault.

Neweller
02-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Jon, we just added a couple of more for you.

I could tell several stories of different people who think it's cool to litter wherever and whenever.

My wife chewed a lady out in Las Vegas that had just came out of a car wash and was dumping her ashtray out while at the stop light. Pretty damn rude and careless human beings.

Leeann J
02-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Let's be the respectful ones traveling in our classy motorhomes. Recycle and throw our trash in a dumpster where it is supposed to go. :thumbsup:

prairieschooner
02-15-2013, 03:40 PM
didn't have anything to say just wanted to use this :puke:

ccjohnson
02-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Has anyone thought that it might be your civic duty to heave your trash out onto the highway shoulder? It would be providing community service work for the ne'er do wells.