PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Newell Double Slide with Unique Mid-Entry, Lots of Storage

Neweller
02-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Thought this unit on ebay was an interesting Newell coach. They have more pictures than probably any ad I've seen on the bay. I don't like the salon area all that much, but the rest of the coach has some unique features throughout. I say; throw out the barrel chair and get another lounger like the co-pilots chair. It has a mid-bath with an extra sink in the throne room. The curved mid-entry is definitely different than the average mid. Lots of storage including what looks like two of those hutches for extra storage, unless they are just moving it around. I like the mirrors in the master closet. It has a large dinette table that looks like it might turn oblong if desired.

Lots of nice documentation!!!!! That's a nice plus. The dealer knows how to market pretty well.

If you like the orange stripes, you could always buy an orange Dodge Challenger to bring the kid back out in ya!lol!

The big question is: What's it really worth?

Newell Diesel Pusher RV Detroit Series 60 20KW Gen Prevost Eater! in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Newell-Diesel-Pusher-RV-Detroit-Series-60-20KW-Gen-Prevost-Eater-/330866784292?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item4d09327824)

NEWELLWIZARD
02-11-2013, 02:27 AM
Ken it's a beautiful coach reminds me a lot of ours. Minus the orange stripes haha. As for the price I say they have it priced right, but maybe I'm biased on the price... :o

bigcatwally
02-11-2013, 02:32 AM
It's a beauty that's for sure. If they threw in a matching Dodge challenger I'll buy it!

bigcatwally
02-11-2013, 02:33 AM
but not at the buy it now price. rollinglol

MrE
02-11-2013, 02:44 AM
I found it interesting that they had that one unit pictured in front of the couch, at the foot of the bed and in the closet. Too bad it's buy it now or we could have another contest for a hat! :thumbup:

dfwcantor
02-11-2013, 04:45 AM
I looked at this coach this week. Except for the barrel chair and the external paint, found it really nice. Comments say the "Buy it now" price is off. What would be a good number? (This would be my first Newell)

NewellCrazy
02-11-2013, 04:52 AM
I looked at this coach this week. Except for the barrel chair and the external paint, found it really nice. Comments say the "Buy it now" price is off. What would be a good number? (This would be my first Newell)

Nice coach but priced a little high.

@ this link there is a 2001 Triple Slide 45' and the asking price is 164K

2001 Newell 45' Triple Slide (http://www.newellclassifieds.com/index.php?a=2&b=1028)

Neweller
02-11-2013, 05:03 AM
dfwcantor, the miles are right, tires look like new Double Coins, which are a Chinese and most Newell owners frown on them, but many have still bought them. Though, they are probably one of the better tires out of China. I wonder if the dealer installed them or the last owner. Do you know if it was a trade, consignment or bank unit? I would throw an offer out there at $165,000.00 and depending on how she checked out and how much you like her, you could go up to $185,000.00 and be getting a reasonable deal on what appears to be a clean coach. But without looking at it in person I'm shooting from the hip a little. Everything of course contingent on a second opinion inspection.

You could easily paint the orange another color, which you probably already figured.

Welcome to the site and hope you joined the family.

folivier
02-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Very nice looking coach, but I still say the price is too high. For that price I'd want a warranty. I'm thinking it would sell at $170,000
But look again it is a mid-bath model, not bath and a half. Which for me is worth more.

1993Newell
02-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Nice coach indeed. Ken this dealer did document the coach very nicely and the photos show it off beautifully. I agree price is high, Sean and Forest are right I see it selling for more like $160,000-$165,000.

Hugo
02-11-2013, 04:40 PM
I like the exterior of this coach the colors are sweet. :thumbsup: dfwcantor did you get any history on it?

Randy J
02-11-2013, 07:47 PM
That's a fine looking coach!! Lots of great photos. I think it will sell but probably not. for the asking price.

speedingsport
02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
This coach is right up my alley. But I agree price is a bit high.

express1
02-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Very nice looking coach, but I still say the price is too high. For that price I'd want a warranty. I'm thinking it would sell at $170,000
But look again it is a mid-bath model, not bath and a half. Which for me is worth more.

Good eye Forest, I spotted the mid-bath issue also. Looks very clean, not thrilled about the washer dryer combo. But could fix that.
Tires?? Basement Air/ with slides??? I'd prefer roof-top.

​I like it!

Neweller
02-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Folks, I stand corrected on the bath and a half. I looked a little too quick trying to go through all those nice pictures. I'm guessing the toilet that has it's own aviation sink must be located straight across from the shower. I too like the mid bath idea as it allows for much more closet or storage in the rear. The one thing I wonder, is if they had built a mid-bath design where the toilet is farther forward of the shower, so that you could allow guest to use it without disturbing the master suite? Anyone ever seen one like this? Or something along those lines?

Note: I corrected my original posts. Thanks for your attention to details. I salute you!

NewellCrazy
02-12-2013, 03:57 AM
IDK, price wise considering a triple slide can be had for 164K or less and it's a year newer so I would have to assume that the money on that double slide coach even though it appears very clean and low mileage I would say between 145-155K.

Again this is my opinion for what its worth,

Sean

86loco
02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
This is a coach we would be interested in if the price was closer to around $135,000. But I'm probably way off. The wife very much loves the idea of the mid bathroom. We have not seen any in our looking. I wonder if they came in a three slide model>?

Baker
02-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I was looking into this coach as well. Are the tires something I need to be concerned about?

Newellin Thunder
02-12-2013, 06:59 PM
I was looking into this coach as well. Are the tires something I need to be concerned about?

Double Coin tires are manufactured in China. Personally I won't eat food manufactured in China. I won't feed my dog treats made in China, and I won't risk my life riding on Chinese made tires! Michelin gets my nod!!

Newellin Thunder
02-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Private Label and Private Brand Tires List

Tire Defects - Private Label and Private Brand Tires (http://www.tiredefects.com/private-label-private-brand-tires.cfm)

Neweller
02-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Ernest, thanks for the link. Quite the extensive list. My thing for the dealer would be to exchange the tires out and put them on something else. Chinese tires don't belong on a Newell, especially a heavier slide unit. (I'm being nice). Go with the 365 front tire upgrade and try to stay with Michelin.:thumbsup:

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
02-12-2013, 09:56 PM
I second what Ken said. I blew two front Toyo tires, both with the correct air pressure, only 15,000 miles, and one of them on I-10 doing 70mph. I will never run anything but Michelin again.

David Carrol
02-12-2013, 10:04 PM
I value my life to much to use chinese made tires.

dfwcantor
02-13-2013, 01:47 AM
Belonged to a guy who owned Subaru dealerships. Was a big Denver bronco fan, hence the colors. Dealer put on the rear tires and did the electronics upgrades which looked really nice. The orig owner put on the front tires. I've done business with this dealer on 2 prior coaches and was very happy; I think he's a straight up guy which is why I' m a bit baffled by the comments indicating it is priced too high. This is the first Newell that I've seen him offer; maybe he paid too much for it.

Neweller
02-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Now the colors make a whole lot of sense. It may have belonged to John Elway as he owns Subaru dealerships. And this could actually add some value for many folks. If it was for sale up in Denver come spring it would probably bring and extra $15k - 20k. If money is no big thing and it is what someone really likes the dealer might get lucky and get into the upper 100k range. A savvy Newell buyer will be in the mid 100k range. I over paid for my first Newell and thought I got a great deal, price wise. This being a 13 year old coach, it is priced on the high side. The dealer may have paid too much. I have a good idea where wholesale should be, but don't know how close he was to it. The miles are low, which is good and bad depending on how it was stored and why the tires were replaced? Does it have any signs of lot rot?

The dealer may not be over priced if he is willing to offer a generous trade-in to someone. But a lot of folks around here are talking cash money.

Archie T. Hogan
02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
When it comes to tires my motto is "Buy American" whenever possible.

Archie

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
I feel an urge to comment on this coach. Based on the photos and representation of low miles, this appears to be a very clean coach. The coach does not have some of the options that were available from Newell, but if it checks out mechanically, it should go for somewhere between $160k and $180k. I base this on my experience searching in the market last year and the final purchase of my coach. Someone will end up with a very nice coach which they should enjoy as much as I do mine.

Neweller
03-26-2013, 03:10 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that this coach does have a new owner and we want to congratulate them. Please come back and share some fun history about it with all of us. :thumbup: