PDA

View Full Version : Newell Coach Factory Service

Gary&Terry
02-11-2013, 03:59 PM
How much time in advance do I need to schedule a trip to the factory? Figured I would take our coach down for service and some upgrade work.

Gary

Frankie Jr. and Harriet Botel
02-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Newell Coach strongly recommends that you bring your Newell coach to the Newell plant in Miami, Oklahoma, once a year for service. To make an appointment, call the Newell Service Department at 1-888-3NEWELL.

speedingsport
02-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Best bet would be to give them a call.

Neweller
02-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Newell Coach strongly recommends that you bring your Newell coach to the Newell plant in Miami, Oklahoma, once a year for service. To make an appointment, call the Newell Service Department at 1-888-3NEWELL.

Could you imagine if every Newell owner went to the factory at least once a year for a service checkup, they would have to add additional service bays to accommodate everyone.:o

afrench45
02-12-2013, 04:00 AM
They will work with you. They are very good about getting there customers in. Maximum I've ever waited was maybe 3 weeks but I had alot of work to be done.

ccjohnson
02-12-2013, 01:23 PM
We book ours out about 2-3 weeks.

1993Newell
02-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Gary & Terry you can also go to any of the Motorcoach Service Centers (http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/motorcoach-service-centers/)

krusso
02-12-2013, 06:25 PM
What is the hourly rate at the factory compared to other shops?

ccjohnson
02-13-2013, 03:52 AM
I think Newell is still $110.00 per hr. VERY reasonable!

smagown
02-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Newell's per hour is even more reasonable if you end up at a shop with similar rates that doesn't know about Newells. You then pay for their learning curve. I talked to an owner recently that took his coach to a well known shop in Dallas for some slide work. The coach was cranked when he picked it up. On the way home he noticed a huge air leak. the air bladder on one slide and the air door were both blown.The slide was coming in out of alignment even worse than when he brought it in. He ended up going to Newell and spent thousands getting the work done correctly.

Neweller
02-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Good points by Steve Magown. You get what you pay for. The only way you are possibly going to save on certain repairs is to do them yourself, but unless you have a great understanding of what to do, this could end up the same way Steve mentioned regarding a shop going through a learning curve at your expense. One thing is for certain, Newell Coach factory would never lead you astray or rip you off. They only straight shoot when it comes to service.

There are plenty of other reputable shops around the country and that is why it is so important for folks to share their experiences whether it be good or bad. We can also save money by doing some of the simpler odd jobs and leaving the more serious out of our comfort zone repairs to folks like Newell etc.......

Just some food for additional thought.....