PDA

View Full Version : Air Pressure Bleeding Off Over Night

Gimpy
02-15-2013, 11:44 PM
OK, quick question. I notice that the air pressure in the system bleeds off after 24-30 hours (a little faster if it is really cold outside). I thought I might have a slow air leak, but I have sprayed soapy water everywhere I can find in the air system and find no leaks. I also did this with the system at 125psi and still no bubbles. The air pressure comes up quickly when the engine is running and I have no issue maintaining pressure even when in the mountains with frequent brake use.

Is it normal for the air pressure to bleed off slowly? I'm not "worried" but an a bit of a worry wart until I know what is "normal."

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Will Procter
02-16-2013, 04:04 AM
It is normal for the air pressure to drop slowly when parked with the engine off. You said it bleeds off after 24 - 30 hours but didn't say whether it drops all pressure over that time or just drops some noticeable amount. If it drops all pressure you have a leak that should be fairly easy to find.

folivier
02-16-2013, 11:20 AM
What year is your coach? The newer it is the more air systems you have, which are more possibilities for leaks.
The other day I noticed my air compressor running longer than usual. Well I had been working on my entry steps and had the ignition on so I could operate the steps in and out. I also had the dash vent on. My 8v92 doesn't have "engine vacuum" to operate the dash air system instead it has a tiny air tank that bleeds off air to create a vacuum to operate the system. Yep, that's where I was losing air. Turned off the vent and no loss.
One place it could be leaking down is on your 6-pack solenoids for the leveling system, either in front or back. I had 1 solenoid leaking a couple years ago and had to replace the o-ring.

Gimpy
02-16-2013, 03:32 PM
2001 Newell Coach with DD Series 60.

Gimpy
02-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Air drops all the way down over said time period. I think there is a leak and hence my question just can't locate one.