PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading interior lighting with new and improved LED Bulbs

Archie T. Hogan
02-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Is it possible to just replace the standard "bulbs" with the new "power savings" LED's "bulbs" by just removing the old and putting in the new LED's? I just want to know if I can buy the new LED bulbs and install them just like I would install a new regular bulb to replace one that is burned out. Thanks.

Archie

GORDON HUMMEL
02-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Superbrightled.com has about the best selection of plug & play LED bulbs. Once you've located the correct product, you can then use that description to look it up on Ebay for a lower price. Many on this forum & just purchased the 16' strips & made their own or converted the existing fixtures. It's about 60% less $ than just buying the LED bulbs & you have a lot more options

folivier
02-18-2013, 09:42 PM
If the led bulbs don't work when you install them, check the polarity of your fixture. Led's are polarity sensitive and the light fixture has to be correct for them to work.
I got lucky with mine but know a couple of people that had to switch the wires on their Newells. Easy to do.

Ron in South Dakota
02-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Yes, you can buy them but so far the technology does not provide as good a light If you are thinking of reading lights.

RW Wiley
02-19-2013, 12:32 AM
You can get LEDs with good brightness, color and dispersion but they are going to cost an arm and a leg or worse.

MrE
02-19-2013, 01:18 AM
If you're willing to shop around, LEDs can be picked up fairly reasonably. As Gordon mentioned, use a site like superbriteleds.com to find a good description for a Google search and buy from a reasonable resource. The prices of LEDs are coming down to the point that anything else is a waste of money (IMOA).
You can get LEDs with good brightness, color and dispersion but they are going to cost an arm and a leg or worse.

Neweller
02-19-2013, 01:46 AM
I would like to get my hands on another coach so I can go crazy with some of these LED's. These guys above are right about the great options and lower cost now associated with the LEDs.. I have seen some super good pricing at sites like mentioned above and also at stores like Costco. You can really go to town on your luxury coach now making it that much more luxuries with LED's and the newer ones are putting out much better lighting and you can find all different types of color and spectrum choices. The technology is changing fast. Like others are saying it is the only way to go now. Company's like Thin-lite and such are going by the wayside in quick order. They have been slow to the development of LED technology compared to others.

Just my two-bits worth!