PDA

View Full Version : Applying Commercial Grade Floor Wat to Newell Coach Exterior

Lou Placentia
02-19-2013, 12:43 PM
I spoke with a coach owner the other day who applied floor wax to the exterior of their motor coach. Has anyone ever heard of this? I don't know what brand of wax he used. I did notice that it is not a real shiny surface; almost a matt finish. I guess I can understand that as it would be a LOT of work to run a floor buffer all over it.

Anyway, what about UV exposure? Do interior floor waxes hold up to outside weather? How would he do you remove it? I'm afraid those wax remover chemicals could wreak havoc with the paint.

What have you heard and what are your thoughts on this?

Lou

cdat
02-19-2013, 01:12 PM
I had a friend of mine that was a real car buff........, he used johnson and johnson floor wax in a can to wax his cars. Looked nice, don't know about the resistance to uv light. Way too much work for me.

1993Newell
02-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Haven't heard of using it but it doesn't mean it hasn't or can't be done. I personally would only use what I know is okay to use. But I'm with John on this one way to much work for this old guy. :laugh:

David Carrol
02-20-2013, 01:22 AM
I'd pass on it, floor wax is not designed for RV use, the UV and cleanup issues and dirt collection all come to mind.

NewellCrazy
02-20-2013, 01:27 AM
Your probably referring to Red Max Pro. I know many people that use but I have not and would not then again this is my opinion.