PDA

View Full Version : 3M Clear Flim Bra Yes or No?!

Gary&Terry
02-20-2013, 03:56 PM
So a friend of ours has recommended I get 3M Clear Film & put it on the front. I no nothing of who does this or how much they charge and not really sure I need to invest in this item. What do others feel about installing a 3M Clear Bra Film on the front of a newell ? My main concern would be damage sustained when its time to remove that film down the road.

Gary

The Newell
02-20-2013, 04:40 PM
They really helps prevent chips. One warning though, lots of people I know have older units who are the ones with real problems. The film (not sure if it is 3M or not) starts to craze and develop cracks and becomes unsightly. Then, there is no good way to get it off. Some people have had to have the old film ground off and the front repainted.

Just something to check when you're looking.

Barthman
02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
We paid a large amount to have this film removed from a coach and will not use it again. Just my personal opinion on this. The cost of paint is less than removal.

Cheri Smith
02-20-2013, 06:22 PM
I have heard many people have regretted putting it on their coach. Do your research first so you don't find yourself disappointed.

Ron Skeen
02-20-2013, 06:28 PM
My 96 coach film was put on in 2002 and when the coach was repainted. It lasted still about 2010 and I remove it my self. This was one of the hardest thing I have done on my 96 and would never do again. Maybe it better today I don't know, but I sure want try again. I agree just repaint if it gets bad.

lbrachfe
02-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Newell and many others offer a spray on bra that works better and never needs a $2500 removal... This is the only way to go. you may already have a spray on bra depending on your model year. Call Newell

Maxwell55
02-21-2013, 12:13 AM
is this the same stuff they put on some cars?

Gimpy
02-21-2013, 01:17 AM
idk heard to many bad remarks about those invisible bra's. I wouldn't do it but to each their own.

Gimpy

Charlotte Rosita
02-21-2013, 04:45 PM
If you decide to go with the clear bra I highly recommend you have an authorized 3m clear bra dealer install it.

FJGuard
02-21-2013, 05:07 PM
I must be the odd ball out but I really believe the clear bra has saved my paint several times. You can barely tell its there.

speedingsport
02-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Coaches are for driving and with lots of miles on highways, interstates, driving on gravel roads through small farm towns, passing semi trucks. I recommend a clear bra 100%. There are a lot of debris, rock and bugs flying up just waiting to hit your beautiful coach paint. Why not save our luxury coaches from the damage?

Randy J
02-21-2013, 08:45 PM
I have been sitting on the fence considering a clear bra. Gary I wonder what it will look like a few years from now. Like Ron said he had to remove it. I don't know if I want to worry about the possibilities of that hassle. I wouldn't install it myself. Wouldn't want to jack things up.

Johnnybgood
02-21-2013, 09:59 PM
The one negative thing I've heard would be that people who do have it tend not to like the wax build up on the edges around the film.