PDA

View Full Version : Strange Xantrex Inverter Issue I'm Befuddled

Twins
02-20-2013, 04:03 PM
I've had a problem for a while now with my Xantrex Inverter. All lights will be lit showing a full charge, but within 2 days I'll have a red light showing low batteries. Now my befuddlement is I can go into the battery compartment disconnect the batteries and immediately connect it again and everything reads fine on the Xantrex. I've racked my brain for quite some time now to come up with a solution but have no idea what it could be. I keep thinking I'm missing something blatantly obvious. Maybe I'm too close to the forest to see the trees.

The Newell
02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
The only help I can suggest is that if you do not have it, the operator's manual is available at Discontinued Power Accessories (http://www.xantrex.com/power-products-support/document-downloads/discontinued-products/discontinued-products-accessories.aspx)

speedingsport
02-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Maybe you should check into purchasing an outback inverter. They are considered best in the industry.

Twins
02-21-2013, 04:25 AM
I've been through the manual, cover to cover more than once. There's nothing in it that pertains to my particular problem. I even had an RV tech look at it and he didn't have a clue. The batteries are fully charged, it's just a matter of disconnecting the and then hooking cables back up. It only takes a few sec's to do it. What bugs me is not knowing why it keeps doing it.

1993Newell
02-21-2013, 03:51 PM
I would try disconnecting its communication cable from the control panel. That should reset everything.

Newell Attack
02-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Call the repair center and see what they say. . 615-285-0611

Twins
02-22-2013, 01:50 AM
I called Xantrex. I was told to disconnect the power to the meter and wait at least one hour before reconnecting so much for that because after waiting an hour still the same issue.

MrE
02-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Sounds like the support guy from Microsoft went to work for Xantrex. Did he also tell you to hit <ctrl> Ctrl + Alt + Del?<alt><del>:banghead:
</del>
I called Xantrex. I was told to disconnect the power to the meter and wait at least one hour before reconnecting so much for that because after waiting an hour still the same issue.</alt></ctrl>

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
02-22-2013, 03:38 PM
I suggest you use some electrical contact cleaner on the telephone type connectors that connect the monitor to the inverter.