PDA

View Full Version : Directv without home address

MidnightMason
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Ok we have directv now in our home. We want to take it on the road with us when we start full timing but the problem is we aren't going to be in this home any longer after it sells. And since we are going fulltime we won't have a home address besides our p.o. Box.

Any way to do this? Without a huge hassle and all that stuff?

GORDON HUMMEL
03-03-2013, 04:42 PM
For the last 4 years, I do everything by email. I use my brothers address for a physical billing address, but he only gets a few pieces a years, 1099's etc. Every bill is via email.

The Newell
03-03-2013, 07:00 PM
You will want to get a mobile account for the RV. That will enable you to qualify for the Distant Network service if you choose to, or you can select the local area (service address) of your choosing. While it is theoretically possible to change your existing account over to a mobile account in the RV, my experience with Direct TV customer service suggests it may be easier to drop the house account and get a new one for the RV. On the other hand, I had a hard time getting my first RV account set up too. Once I got a rep who actually knew what an RV and a mobile account was, it was easy. Before that, it was a nightmare.

Try calling Direct or Dish and ask to speak to someone who can handle a mobile RV account. Maybe they can take care of everything for you quickly and easily.

The receiver you have at home may not work with the equipment in the RV. Do you know what dish or dome you will be using ?

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
03-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Midnight, Directv will provide a RV service for very little cost. You will need to provide them with a copy of your title to confirm that you have an RV, and then it will take a few weeks to get turned on. This will give you New York and Los Angeles channels in HD. I use a private mail box at a UPS store for my mailing and billing address. When I purchased my 2001, my home HD receiver would not accept the older installed dome. I purchased a Winegard HD antenna and all works great.

speedingsport
03-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Email is the way to go. Paperless billing is the best thing. I don't like getting mail.

chockwald
03-03-2013, 10:05 PM
I have had DirecTV for 8 years at my sticks and bricks home. When I went on the road I changed my "home" address to my office, shared with my son. I moved the DVR to my Newell 2.5 years ago, and have had no issue with DirecTV.

NewellCrazy
03-04-2013, 04:13 AM
Here's a link to all the information you need to set up a mobile account and apply for Distant Network Services (DNS) which is the ability to receive network channels throughout the country using either an East Coast or West Coast feed: http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/DNS_Vehicles_Aff.pdf

It really isn't all that difficult but you must complete the waiver request and provide a copy of your registration card to prove your receiver is in an RV. When you speak with a representative, ask them for the fax number you can send the waiver request to rather than mailing it and having to wait for a week or two before it is acted on. When it is approved you will not notice anything changes except you will be able to receive network channels around 390 in the Guide.

MidnightMason
03-05-2013, 10:49 PM
you guys came through again. Thank you, Mason

express1
03-06-2013, 01:18 PM
GO DISH! GET LOCALS AND HD INMOTION!
BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!
I've been with dish for over 25years. At one point I had Dish, Direct, Charter, and Antenna at the same time just to get all HD programming available.

Chipper
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
express1 you sound just like my old buddy Dean in California. He had everything possible to get his NFL Sunday Ticket or whatever he liked in HD.

express1
03-07-2013, 01:33 AM
express1 you sound just like my old buddy Dean in California. He had everything possible to get his NFL Sunday Ticket or whatever he liked in HD.
I will watch most anything in HD! Won't watch ANYTHING IN SD!