PDA

View Full Version : Which Tablet IPad, Kindle or Nook ?

FrankMooney
03-06-2013, 05:44 AM
I am looking to purchase an IPad 3, Nook HD or Kindle Fire for my wife She does lots of reading, and will use obviously for that along with apps and web browsing.

Does anyone have any opinions or does it come down to personal preference? Shopping these items online, I was leaning towards the Kindle. We have the Amazon Prime membership so that would work well with the Kindle. However, out shopping tonight we stopped by Barnes and Noble and checked out the Nooks. The had a really good sales person cause they just about swayed me over to the Nook. I am familiar with IPads and I know they are very nice as well just torn between so many options.

any experiences, thoughts or opinions one either of these would be appreciated. Thanks!

Frank

folivier
03-06-2013, 11:36 AM
What size 7" or 10"?
And to make it even more difficult look at some android tablets also. I have an Ipad 1st generation that I will probably sell to buy an android 7" tablet.

FrankMooney
03-06-2013, 03:02 PM
have to 10 inch. Bigger the better easier on your eye's. What Android tablet are you researching?

Boondockers
03-06-2013, 03:32 PM
The Samsung Tab 3 should be announced in a couple weeks. Right now I'd look at the Google Nexus over those other tablets.

Rich Franklin
03-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Another vote for the Google NEXUS 7. A pure android experience, and and much more configurable than either a Nook, and or Kindle. Added bonus Kindle and Nook apps both run on the N7!

Newellin Thunder
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
The Kindles are great but I lead towards a tablet as they are much more versatile IMHO.

jWolfe
03-06-2013, 11:00 PM
There are enough options out to give people a good group to select from but it also makes it harder to choose.