PDA

View Full Version : Got good news

cdat
03-15-2013, 03:39 PM
When we bought our coach at the auction, I was able to do a visual inspection, but other then being able to start the coach and the generator, we bought the coach as is. After doing some cleaning and a thorough inspection, I took the coach to a shop to have some diagnostics done on the engine/tranny, and fluid sample pulled. As long as they were doing the diagnostics the fluid samples were only $15, cheaper then I could have done it. Got the results back late yesterday, engine, tranny, and rear end are all in good shape, basically the shop said the engine, etc shows no unusual wear.
Now, since the weather is warming up, I can hook up too water and test all the plumbing and black tank drains, then we'll be off on our 1st trip, can't wait.
Once again, I want to thank all of you for all the help, advice and assistance, and thanks to Mr. E for offering the use of his tools and advice.

John

Newell Boss
03-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Glad we could help. One fantastic addition of owning your Newell is the family that comes along with it.

Newell Boss

77newell
03-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Hey John I'm glad it's working out so well. Had I followed your approach with the testing I wouldn't have bought the coach I now own and I would have saved myself lots of headaches and the cost of an inframe overhaul. Kudos to you and I wish you many good days and miles

speedingsport
03-15-2013, 11:22 PM
John good to hear all is going well with your coach. It will feel good once you finally hit the road for your first trip.

Neweller
03-16-2013, 06:32 AM
John that is great news and it looks like you got a gem of a deal. Also, great information knowing the shop handle the fluid testing for such a reasonable price. If you are really happy with the shop, it wouldn't be a bad idea to post about it under the repair shop locations. I'm sure others will find it useful one of these days.

NEWELLWIZARD
03-16-2013, 06:33 AM
Thats great news. Glad all checked out okay for you folks. Happy & safe travels!