PDA

View Full Version : Dolly Parton's coach she calls it "the gypsy wagon"

speedingsport
03-24-2013, 02:40 AM
One for the ladies - A fun facts - she wrote a lot of her songs in this bus, she has a prayer alter and a closet for her wigs. I think some of the ladies here would like the decor she chose for her coach. Lots of pink and gold!

Oprah gets a tour:

An Exclusive Look Inside Dolly Parton's Tour Bus - Video - Oprah.com (http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/An-Exclusive-Look-Inside-Dolly-Partons-Tour-Bus-Video)

And another view here:

http://youtu.be/1V4qPoQZPGY

1993Newell
03-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Melba and I love Dolly. Her coach is nice maybe a little to much pink for me but fits her well. The first video with Oprah made me chuckle seeing Oprah's face, she was in awe. Didn't know a bus could be turned into such a luxury coach did she? lol!

Charlotte Rosita
03-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Melba, I too adore Dolly Parton! Her coach is beautiful but I wouldn't expect less from her. She is known for quite a few things and being hers sweet little self is one of them. The effect of the purple and gold throughout the interior design in Dolly's coach is stunning. Purple is not a "safe" color like neutrals, browns and grays that are used thoroughly in coaches and homes because it is comfortable to live with. I like bold statements when done right. It takes courage and confidence to choose this color variation. Her color choices and interior design make sense, since she calls it her "Gypsy Wagon". She had a skilled designer that was able to accomplish this gypsy wagon look that was blended to have playfulness, her personality and sophistication. The prayer area is amazing. Shows you she is a special person filled with joy and love. Loved this share speedingsport, Loved it! Thanks for thinking about us ladies here on the forum. :)

Ed and Melba I would agree I think Oprah was in awe too. :D

speedingsport
03-25-2013, 01:22 AM
No problem Charlotte. Sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to interior. :clap2: