PDA

View Full Version : NEWELL Coach Questions

CJ Thompson
11-03-2002, 03:41 AM
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1984 38' Newell Coach with just over 100K original miles. The unit is in good condition with only normal wear and tear for it's age. It is completly original having no updating to the interior or exterior. Being dated to its vintage, it is quite nice. The coach is powered by the CUMMINS engine- I believe it is the 855 which is rated at 350HP and the Allison 4 speed. My questions are:
1) is their any known problems which need to be addressed with this particluar engine and drive train?
2)is the unit able to accelerate and pull mountain grades relativly well - and stop too?
3) any structural or quality issues that i need to be watchful of?
4)I have no idea what the Coach is worth, nor does the owner who is just needing to dispose of the coach. I want to make a fair and reasonable offer to the seller. Their is virtually no data available as to what the fair market value of this coach is. Does anyone have any ball park figures?

Thank you!

Ken
11-11-2002, 02:00 AM
while rebuilding my 84 Newell 40 ft over the past year I have seen the market as low as $60,000 and as high as $120,000.00.