PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Windows?

Glinda Peek
10-10-2000, 07:19 PM
1979 Newell fire..restore

I need to find replacement windows for my 1979 Newell.
I also need an owner's manual. Any help!

Thanks
Glinda

TechTalk
10-10-2000, 09:14 PM
Good news: Peninsula Glass in Vancouver, Washington can make custom windows for older Newells. You have the choice of standard or double pane insulated glass. You can reach Penisula Glass at 1-800-468-4323. Bad news: The was no owner's manual for a 1979 Newell. We still have the original build file on most coaches. If you'd like us to check the archives for your coach and mail you copies of what we have, e-mail your name, address, and coach serial number to Marcia Green at MarciaG@newellcoach.com . Good luck with your restoration.

TechTalk :)

Ralph Streeter
10-14-2000, 10:45 PM
I have a '70 Newell. The weather stripping and glasss chaneling (I"m not sure what the proper name is) are completely shot. Checking with Penisula their estimate was over five thousand to replace the windows which I felt was too much for such an old coach. Yours is nine years newer so may be worthwhile but I have decided to take the windows out. reweatherstrip them as the glass is slightly fogged around the edges but by adding a tint it will be ok. good luck! :)