PDA

View Full Version : How Many Can Be Legally Transported in a Newell Coach?

PatriotLuke
04-24-2013, 02:17 AM
How many people can be legally transported in a Newell Coach? Has anybody used their coach for large groups of folks for transportation, say a for wedding reception or football game or whatever. Just wondering if this has ever come up. Thanks!

Luke

1993Newell
04-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Not sure Luke I would assume it probably differs depending on the state. Most of the time it's just me and the better half. Just the way we like it. ;)

Charlotte Rosita
04-24-2013, 05:50 PM
It's limited by the number of seat belts. DOT indicates that a seat belt must be available for every passenger.

The Newell
04-24-2013, 07:23 PM
check your insurance for liability and a good rule of thumb is the number of seat belts equals the number of people.

Ramblin Ron
04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
School buses don't have passenger seat belts so why would that make a difference in Newells?

FJGuard
04-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Well I would say the rule of thumb is one person for every seat belt in the coach. However, if it is a short trip or it is within the RV Park I don't think it hurts to have a few extra. But that's just my two cents...

Lindsay
04-25-2013, 12:51 AM
Ron, there is a difference in the seating arrangements and high back seats you want to check if seat belts are required for your vehicle in your state.

speedingsport
04-25-2013, 05:32 AM
Ron you have a point, most motor coaches are in the same category as buses. Many of them don't have passenger seat belts only the driver and copilot have seat belts. If they are installed then wear them, if not I wouldn't worry about it. If I'm driving I always wear my seat belt but if I'm riding along then I don't worry too much about it.