PDA

View Full Version : Shock Absorbers

John Leuenberger
12-15-2002, 12:38 AM
What shocks does Tech Staff recommend for '82 36' with 6V92TA and 150Kmiles? Currently getting severe bouncing up and down, too much sway, and road shock coming back thru steering wheel. Recently installed Carquest shocks supposedly made by Gabriel and crossed from a Koni number. But the results were worse than the ones previously on coach. Just not up to the job

leobess
07-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Can anyone tell me how to check the solenoids that control the leveling system. I'm new at this and am in the learning process. I have a lot of questions, but will take one at a time.

fulltiming
07-01-2008, 11:19 PM
John, can't speak with authority on the pre-1990 models but as I recall, Koni's were installed and are the recommended replacement. With enough time and mileage, all shocks will wear and not have the rebound control they originally did. Most of the new Koni's are adjustable and can be tightened up if they are not providing adequate rebound control.

Leo, you might want to start a new thread in this forum so responses don't get mixed up between shocks and leveling system and so it will be easier for others to find your topic with the correct subject. Just click on the Chassis and Suspension forum and there will be an icon for New Thread in the upper left just above the name of the first post.

Richard and Rhonda
07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
google Koni RV shocks and get a phone number. Call and talk with Justin. He will give you the correct shock number. You can buy directly from them at a fair price.