PDA

View Full Version : V.I.N. location

Scott Thompson
12-28-2002, 03:13 AM
I need to know the location of the VIN of a coach we just bought so I can get the tags for it. Can anyone help me?

TechTalk
12-28-2002, 01:37 PM
The VIN label is located on the inside wall to the left of the driver's seat. If this label is missing, a new label can be obtained by calling the Service Department at Newell Coach, 1-888-3NEWELL. Late model coaches also have the VIN engraved on the left wing of the dashboard, visible from the exterior looking through the driver's cab window

Scott Thompson
12-30-2002, 04:43 AM
Sorry I left out that it is a 1968 coach. Can the service department still help us?

TechTalk
12-30-2002, 06:39 AM
In that Era Newell had the Vin # displayed to the left of the entryway just above the steps on the inside wall to the lower left of the drivers seat (near your left knee).

TechTalk
12-30-2002, 08:45 PM
If you are unable to locate the serial number label on the interior wall of your coach has been removed or covered during a renovation. We understand that you are in telephone communication with our staff and that we are making a new label to send to you for installation. The loss of a serial number label on an older coach is not unusual, and we can provide replacement labels when necessary.

Scott Thompson
01-01-2003, 05:47 AM
Tom in service is helping me out. I work with other coach companies all the time at my job. For tech service, you guys are the nicest, most helpful company of all one I deal with. Thanks a lot to all who have helped us.