PDA

View Full Version : New Paint for a 1995 Newell

J Clark
01-12-2003, 03:45 PM
Hi Raul-
If you're considering using a local paint shop, be sure to check out their experience in painting aluminum. We had one painted at a local truck shop and the entire base coat peeled off within hours. They finally got it right (three months worth) and honored their original price of $5000. I later checked out Newells factory paint system and they paint their coaches just like they build them- nothing but the very best. I don't know what they charge, but the time they spend just on preparation (which is critical to a good paint job)is unbelievable. Based on the quality of work I saw at the factory, and the type of paint they were using, I would guess well over $10,000 for a 45' coach. Like an old Southern expression goes "you gets whaats yo pay fo".

Raul Cortez
01-13-2003, 03:03 AM
I will be trying to sell my coach soon. Since it needs minor body work for scratches here and there, I was wondering if I should get completely painted or just repair the problem areas? Will a paint shop be able to blend the colors with touch ups? How much should I expect to pay for a complete painting of my coach? Comments and suggestions are appreciated from anyone? My coach is a 1995 45' Newell. Coach #401. Anyone interested in purchasing should contact me as well.