PDA

View Full Version : Air leak?

cdat
05-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I have attached a photo of a valve, not sure exactly what this is. I have air leaking from the white nipple, is there supposed to be a hose attached to that nipple, is it a pressure relief port, what does this valve do?

MrE
05-08-2013, 02:47 PM
John, that looks like your ride height control valve. There are some listed in the classifieds. Replacement Newell Height Control Valves (http://www.newellclassifieds.com/index.php?a=2&b=997)
http://www.newellclassifieds.com/user_images/7396661.jpg

cdat
05-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the info, gave them a call, they will be sending me a LH and RH valve.

John

Neweller
05-08-2013, 06:55 PM
That is sure nice Dayton is making a nice improved replacement and the price is reasonable. I have replaced a share of these on rigs. The job is pretty straight forward and will last for years to come. Figure the old ones have been around for over 20 years. John, you are getting this stuff knocked out on your coach, talk about getting your feet wet, eh? Luckily your in good hands with all the knowledge being shared on these baby's. I remembered after buying my first Newell and it being a whole lot harder to get answers quickly to questions like what we have available now days.

cdat
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Ken, My wife and I were talking yesterday about that, what did we do before the internet? The knowledge here is incredible, I've had to do some maintenance on the 91, but overall still feel I got a heck of a deal. When I was under the coach took a good look at the airbags, they all look fairly new. So far I've replaced one of the tank spitter valves, the other two are on back order, will replace the front ride valve height tomorrow, and will replace the back two when I get back from Oregon, at just under $50 each, it's a heck of a deal. I've rebuilt 4 down solenoids, 0 rings at least, so all in all, I'm a very happy camper. Not sure where I would be without the folks on here who are so very helpful and willing to share.
John