PDA

View Full Version : 1990 NEWELL Diesel RV Motor Home Coach

speedingsport
05-15-2013, 05:16 AM
It will need some updates. Check it out it might go for a good deal.

1990 NEWELL Diesel RV Motor Home Coach Tag | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-NEWELL-Diesel-RV-Motor-Home-Coach-Tag-/111072834671?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item19dc74f46f&vxp=mtr#v4-40)

Item Location:London, Kentucky, United States

Engine

Fuel Type: Diesel
Horsepower (bhp): 500
Cylinders: 6

Safety

Fire Extinguisher
Gas Detector
Smoke Detector
Passive Restraint System
12V Propane Detector/Alarm
Carbon Monoxide Detector/Alarm

Interior

Carpeting Condition: Fair
Wood Trim: Condition: Good
Tile Flooring Condition: Fair
Cabinetry Condition: Good
Living Area Location: Center

Entertainment

T.V. Antenna W/Booster
Number Of Televisions: 1

Towing

Towing Package

Electrical / Generator

Exterior Plugs
Ground Fault Plugs
Battery
Prewiring
Voltage Meter
Air Conditioning Prewiring
Heat Prewiring
A/C Outlet
Battery Power Converter

Basic Information

Type: Motorized Class A
Mileage: 245500
Sleeping Capacity: 4
Length (Feet): 43
Title: Clear
Construction Body Material: Aluminum
Sidewall Construction: Fiberglass
VIN Number: 1N9420X81L1011224
Condition: Used
VIN: 1N9420X81L1011224
Stock Number: 011224
Make: NEWELL
Year: 1990

Cockpit Features

Power Adjustable Seat
Seat Armrests
Adjustable Steering Wheel
Cruise Control
Power Mirrors
Power Steering
Front Bucket Seats
Trip Odometer

Comfort

Air Conditioners (Quantity): 1
Air Conditioning (BTUs): 15,000
Furnace (BTUs): 30,000-35,000
Central/Ducted
Heater
Sofa
Reclining Seats
Swivel Seats
Number Of Sofas: 1
Number Of Seats: 2
Number Of Convertible / Sofa Beds: 1
Seat Material: Leather
Sofa Material: Leather
Heater Type: Automatic

Slide-Outs & Awnings

Awnings: 1
Patio Awning: 20' - 22'
Window Awning: 4'

Utility Hookups

Water Heater Tank
Washer / Dryer
Water Heater Tank Bypass

Bedroom / Bath

Inside Shower
Vanity
Shower Door Type: Glass
Bedding Size: Queen
Master Bedroom
Bed Spreads
Bathroom
Toilet
Shower
Bathroom Medicine Cabinet
Bathroom Mirror
Bathroom Vent / Fan System
Master Bedroom Shades / Curtains
Full Size Master Bedroom Closet
Master Bedroom Mirror Doors
Number Of Queen Size Beds: 1
Number Of Bathrooms: 1
Master Bedroom Door Style: Full Sliding Door
Master Bedroom Flooring Type: Carpet
Master Bedroom Location: Rear
Toilet Type: Porcelain
Outside Shower
Drivetrain

Transmission
Transmission Type: Automatic
Transmission Speed: 6
Overdrive
Driveline
Number Of Axles: 1

Exterior

Electric Step: Single
Retractable Roof Antenna

Convenience

Closet(s): 1
Sky Light
Phone Prewiring
Dual Power Mirrors
Power Roof Vent

Cargo / Storage

Pass-Thru Storage

Holding Tanks

Water Capacity (Gallons): Over 100
Fresh Water Holding Tank Gauge
Gray Water Holding Tank Gauge
Black Water Holding Tank Gauge
Holding Tanks
Number Of Fresh Water Holding Tanks: 1
Number Of Gray Water Holding Tanks: 1
Number Of Black Water Holding Tanks: 1

Kitchen

Dinette: Booth
Refrigerator/Freezer: Refrigerator w/ Ice Maker
Gas Grill Cook Top
Microwave/Convection Combo
Number Of Oven Burners: 2
Kitchen / Living Area Flooring Type: Carpet / Tile
Kitchen Location: Center
Kitchen Table Configuration: Bench Seats
Refrigerator Power Mode: Electric / Propane
Refrigerator Size: Mid-Size
Microwave Oven

MrE
05-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Not sure what lens they're using, but does anyone else think this looks like a Newell billboard?
http://images.auction123.com/bfd906c4-299c-42fb-8377-40cc7ec17c66/1N9420X81L1011224/03.jpg?web001lnw

rellick
05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey! a Newell motorcycle!! It doesnt look too bad, I wonder what caused the need for oil pan dipstick and radiator repair? Did they run something over?

Gimpy
05-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Needs paint and new couch.

GringoPhil
05-15-2013, 03:44 PM
I might be interested for the right money! We want to move up to something newer if we can and not break the bank.

Phil

NewellCrazy
05-15-2013, 04:53 PM
I have to say this Newell does not look well cared for and the new owners could sink a lot of $$$$ into it fast.

Randy J
05-15-2013, 05:27 PM
I agree Sean it doesn't look well cared for. What do we think it's going to go for? I wonder what the reserve is?

Neweller
05-15-2013, 05:44 PM
It is an interesting unit for sure. I have seen it before but trying to remember when and where. Keith and Jon, not sure why they included those two strange profile shots, maybe to get your interest up so much you would have to call just to find out?

I wonder if it was a tour coach or hospitality coach at one time. It has less windows than most. I'm trying to figure out the arrangement in the living/salon area and how it's finished off with that particular cabinetry? It doesn't necessarily look as if the dealer has covered anything up and has just left most of it how it was, besides maybe staging it a little. She had some use but like most Newell's still worth the time of day and plenty of good elbow grease to bring her back. It would be a good one to show off your remodeling talents. But of course the price would have to reflect ones decision.

I also wonder why it is listed as a '90 but they have 1993 written on the windshield?

Wheeler
05-15-2013, 07:59 PM
It looks a little rough since we have all seen some older classics looking better. However we have seen some amazing makeovers lately that some of our members have done on their coaches. I believe with a little cash you could make it a lovely looking coach.

MrE
05-15-2013, 10:24 PM
I agree Sean it doesn't look well cared for. What do we think it's going to go for? I wonder what the reserve is?

Pretty sure that you could offer them $32,900 and they would take it.

http://images.auction123.com/bfd906c4-299c-42fb-8377-40cc7ec17c66/1N9420X81L1011224/11.jpg?web001lnw

Another thing that I found amusing with the ad:
http://images.auction123.com/bfd906c4-299c-42fb-8377-40cc7ec17c66/1N9420X81L1011224/02.jpg?web001lnw

putting crucial information in images that a word search won't find. rollinglol

A word search for generator will find this All of our coaches will come fully serviced with fresh oil and filters on the motor and generator, and full propane tanks.

speedingsport
05-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Jon you know some of these dealers always playing their tricks. lol!

Dave-n-Marjorie
05-16-2013, 01:56 AM
If I didnt have one already, I wouldnt hesitate to buy this thing, fully update putting $30 or $40k in it. Just think, how much would a 93 fully updated renovated Prevost sell for???? Newells are waaaaaaaaay underpriced. Nothing scares me with these things.

ccjohnson
05-16-2013, 02:27 AM
I agree with Dave, as long as chassis & drive train are strong, it has a lot of possibilities if you have some time & cash to spend customizing it.

rellick
05-16-2013, 04:02 AM
In my opinion I would rather buy it with a blown engine for half the price and go with an inline 6 engine and trans upgrade. Better on fuel more torque and better resale. I get a bad feeling about the repairs its had, was it just patched up to sell? I think it could end up costing someone a lot of money, I could be wrong tho maybe someone will get lucky but I would want a complete inspection with oil analysis

ccjohnson
05-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Logical thoughts Keith. But inline six still won't sound like a re-manufactured 8V92! That's almost like putting a Goldwing motor in a Harley frame!

rellick
05-16-2013, 04:13 PM
:)True Clint, but you would have the stump pulling torque like the Harley and not have to rev it out like the Jappers to make power , I guess it comes down to personal preference.

ccjohnson
05-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Well said Keith.

speedingsport
05-16-2013, 05:00 PM
I agree with some updates you would have yourself a mighty fine coach. It is a Newell after all. :thumbup:

Maxwell55
05-18-2013, 08:24 PM
looks like it needs some new paint and other things.

NewellCrazy
06-18-2013, 03:53 PM
It's back again so either the buyer backed out or that dealership shilled their auction.

1990 Newell Diesel RV Motor Home Coach Tag camper in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-Newell-Diesel-RV-Motor-Home-Coach-Tag-camper-/111099945502?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item19de12a21e&vxp=mtr)

rellick
06-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Maybe the buyer showed up and seen it was just a foot wide!!rollinglol

Neweller
06-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Are you guys still picking on slim? What if one of our band of brothers ends up with her? She just needs some good ole' fashion TLC, a bit of sprucing up, maybe some mechanicals tuned up but all in all she is a Newell, so it's still worth it right? It's all how the cards play out and who has the winning hand.

I wish the last supposed auction winner would come on here and share any possible details...........

NewellCrazy
06-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Maybe the buyer showed up and seen it was just a foot wide!!rollinglol

Probably so Keith!!LOL

tjmahon
08-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Hi , I purchased this coach from day bros rv in London Kentucky on july 7 . the coach ran very well on the trip home to new Hampshire. we are currently in the process of cleaning her up and evaluating what she needs. I look forward to reaching out to this forum for much needed advice ..

Neweller
08-30-2013, 01:59 AM
Welcom tjmahon! Glad she found a home and that it turns out to be a runner. What's the prognosis on the generator, something minor or do you know yet. So what actual year is this coach? Look forward to hearing more about the coach and as well as your sharing. Thanks for coming on and letting us know she went to a good home.:thumbup:

tjmahon
09-02-2013, 02:54 PM
the actual year is 1990. like I said before,,she ran perfect on the run to nh.shes cleaning up nicely. the paint looks so much better with a polish and a wax. we are installing new carpet this weekend and have the sofa coming out to be recovered....8 new tires next week.. the big problem we though we would have was that the engine temp was running over 200. turns out we had a bad temp gauge . she runs at around 180 now . so far I have found no oil leaks from the engine or the transmission ..when I checked out the generator I found that everything was disconnected, every wire was carefully marked as to where it goes.i reconnected everything ,however I have no idea how the power connects to the starter. there is a junction box on the side of the genny with wires inside that look like they should be connected to something, I don't know if theres something missing here...most likely the generator is no good,,why else would everything be disconnected..any advice would be a big help.....

ccjohnson
09-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Most generator problems turn out to be fairly simple. Brushes, slip ring, bearings etc. <500.00 in parts. Labor is high due to the fact access is a pain. I would recommend taking it to a good generator shop & have them do the diagnosis & estimate. Keep us posted!