PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Newell Coach emblem and steering wheel horn button

sopicki
05-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Hello all, as the title says, I'm looking for the Newell Coach emblem that attaches to the front below the windows and the steering wheel center horn cap. Our coach is a 1972.Thanks

1993Newell
05-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Bob and Peni you could keep an eye out on ebay.

jWolfe
05-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Not sure the Newell Coach factory would still have emblems for this year. But you never know, you may want to give them a call 1-888-3NEWELL (1-888-363-9355)

Neweller
05-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Bob, there are a few style changes available and in some years I have seen two different emblems, so Newell must have made mid year changes in the past. Are you wanting the exact style that would have been on your year, or something of the classic era? I may have a lead on a mid-seventies.

sopicki
05-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Neweller, I certainly like the script style I've seen on other Newell's of our vintage but I guess I'd have to see it to know if it's something I'd like. Considering there really isn't a factory standard like with production auto's, originality isn't the most important element. Let me know what you find and thank you!

Randy J
05-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Maybe you could have someone make you a new custom one?

1993Newell
05-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Randy that's a good idea too. Bob you can take a look here EmblemART.com | Chrome Custom Emblems | No Minimum Order (http://emblemart.com/chromeemblems.html)

sopicki
05-25-2013, 01:22 AM
E-bay has been a friend for years as we have a soon to be sold 1973 Midas Mini, a 1976 GMC Pickup, 2 1972 Suzuki enduro's, just about all of our lawn equipment is from the '70's.....shoot, we bought our Newell on e-bay! That said, Newell's from the 70's are pretty rare and I'm not sure anyone is parting them out. I did contact the Newell factory and although they are very nice they told me that they don't have any stock from that era anymore. I guess I'm just going to have to wait for someone to part out a Newell from the 60's or 70's. Someone PLEASE let me know when one is getting parted out. Thanks as always!

sopicki
05-25-2013, 01:31 AM
Oh, Ed and Melba, I love the link you provided. Their emblems actually look affordable too, however if I were going to spend that kind of money I would want an original to copy. Perhaps someone could take a close up picture of a Newell Coach emblem from the 70's and send it to me with dimensions? There is a set up fee for the first emblem, are there any other's out there in need of a Newell emblem?

Neweller
05-25-2013, 01:43 AM
<center>Bob, this is a very good option Ed and Melba found. I never heard of them and I do like the niche they are filling. I will work on my end to try and help get you a picture. There are a couple of owners in my region whom own your vintage of coach, or I have personal access to measure and take pictures of a 1976. Or if someone reads this thread and you own a late sixties or early seventies Newell and are willing to help Bob out, and understand the photo formats listed below, that would really be awesome. We should get all the different style of emblems uploaded under the manuals and datasheets section for future referencing.

Custom Emblems

How to Order:

</center> 1. Come up with a design.
2. Take a look at our galleries (http://emblemart.com/gallery.html) and pricing (http://emblemart.com/pricing.html) to see which options are best for your design.
3. Contact us at
info@emblemart.com

and email us a copy of your design as well as the desired dimensions and material. Accepted formats are .AI .PDF .EPS. PSD. JPG. We can accept other formats as well however these give the best results.
4. After design consultations pay the 50% deposit*
We accept payment through PAYPAL or Credit Card** over the Phone.
5. Once deposit is paid we will walk you through the emblem fabrication process, which is as follows:
a. Sample renderings
b. Final Renderings
c. Sample Emblems***

You will approve each step before we can move onto the next. This way we know that you are completely satisfied.
6.Pay remaining balance for the order
7. Emblems arrive on your doorstep
*-High Quantity Custom Emblem Orders require a much higher deposit, if not, full payment.
**-Unfortunately we don't accept American Express at this time.
***-There are no sample emblems made for High Quantity Custom Emblems, Billet Aluminum or Carbon Steel Custom Emblems.

Erika
05-25-2013, 02:46 AM
Hi Bob and Peni,

Maybe one of these will work?

These are from 1968 Newell Coaches.

sopicki
05-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Erika, those are exactly what I'm looking for. Just one question, would you be able to measure the emblems? I'm not sure if the emblem people would be able to duplicate the bottom "built by" part, so just the script would be ok if it's possible. Thank you so much!!!

Neweller
05-25-2013, 04:27 AM
Bob, I believe that is the same as a project coach we are getting ready to do an engine upgrade on and if so, I will measure it next week and provide you the info. I agree as not to include the lower portion of the emblem. I have never cared much for that part being on there. I think Newell should have made it a two piece design or something.

It would look just great without the lower portion. It may be best to add in a couple more contacting point to drill and rivet unless a person was confident to go with double back tape or adhesive. But, you would have to go with a black or colored background to give it enough bounding surface.

Erika
05-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Hi Bob and Peni, I wish I could measure them for you but unfortunately I don't have access to these coaches in person. I listed them in the NewellShowcase.com Newell Photo Gallery. Someone on the forum who has the same year coach or similar to you can maybe send you their measurements or as Ken said he can get some measurements for you next week. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

jwe648
05-30-2013, 11:32 AM
This is string from when I was looking (found one BTW) http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/exterior-works/1468-looking-newell-emblem.html

I took photos with a ruler... If I can find them I'll post it...

sopicki
06-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Still wondering if anyone can get the size of the emblems to me, the one's that Erika above posted are what I'm looking for. Thank you!

rellick
06-13-2013, 10:47 PM
These are from the inside of the door, I think they are the same as the outside ones, hope this helps!!

sopicki
06-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Rellick...........PERFECT!!! THANK YOU

Randy J
06-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Bob and Peni once you get some emblems done please come back to share how they turned out. ;)

rellick
06-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Rellick...........PERFECT!!! THANK YOU
Your welcome!! glad to help !!

rellick
07-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Bob and Peni, how did the emblems turn out? any pics?

Erika
07-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Yes an update with pictures would be awesome. :)

sopicki
07-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Newellers, I have been planning on using EmblemArt that Ed and Melba suggested, I'm guessing I'll get to that project when the weather becomes less hospitable. Since purchasing Carole Ann I've had many higher priorities for her refit. The water pump compartment was completely rotted out (the floor was only attached on one side), water pump did not work, plumbing hoses were cracking apart, incorrect fittings, city water fitting was laying on the floor inside.... Once I got water working I discovered leaking drains in the kitchen and bath and the ball seal in the toilet needs replaced. That revealed that both the grey water and black water valves were in need of replacement. The Ford 391 was replaced in 1981 with a new Detroit 8.2L Turbo Diesel however they left the electric choke wire in place which had dead shorted against the frame, fried my alternator and ignition switch on the drive home and melted itself and many of the wires surrounding it. I spent a week cutting, soldering and shrink tubing all of the damaged wires. The engine compartment was lined with asbestos canvas. I (carefully!!) removed and replaced the asbestos with metallic/glass insulation from LMC truck. I've secured numerous propane leaks, one on the tank gauge itself (thankfully just a loose screw). Next week I need to reframe the refrigerator cabinet work so I can install the Norcold refrigerator. We'll be replacing the front carpet as soon as I'm done adjusting the valve lash. After that the Generac generator (which runs but produces no voltage) will be replaced with an Onan 6.5. This winter we will be reupholstering with turquoise sunfast marine canvas. Of course I need to replace the felt channel in the sliding windows which I posted on the exterior forum. If someone would like to share the setup cost of the Emblems I would consider moving that up the list of priorities. Otherwise I will be sure to post to the forum this winter how the emblems turned out.

rellick
07-12-2013, 04:09 AM
Bob sounds like you also still have alot of work to do, if they have been neglected it sure takes alot of hours to get them back in good working order. Alot of it is easier just to tear it all out an start fresh with new parts and upgrades. The sky is the limit to what you can do with them!! In my opinion it sure is worth it!!
I sent you a pm about the emblems,

Neweller
07-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Some of these babies can turn into serious projects, but then again that is what it is all about for many. I think about a past neighbor of mine back in '91 who was nearing retirement and he had about '47k invested in a ex-school bus. The interior was gorgeous and even had a really cool wood stove. It was still yellow last I had seen him and he was about 2 yrs away from retirement. His whole deal was to have something easy to repair with the amenities important to him and his wife. This was a 7 yr project in the making but made him the happiest camper ever knowing it was his own and not like his other cracker box TT's or coaches owned during his previous traveling days. Luxury coaches like Newell's, Wanderlodges and bus conversions can surely feel a like void or I should say they can depending on whether or not you choose that path, hobby etc..... Otherwise you can always pick up on someones else completed masterpiece.

Bob, thanks for keeping us up to date on your lovely little Carole Ann! I hope you are documenting all your works. I guess this forum is good as good a diary as any. Take pictures!:thumbup:

NEWELLWIZARD
07-12-2013, 03:32 PM
I agree with the others. Thanks for the update on your coach. Please come share more with us on all the updates and so forth. We are always glad to hear and see how others are doing with their projects.

khpaladin
06-09-2014, 04:57 AM
Oh, Ed and Melba, I love the link you provided. Their emblems actually look affordable too, however if I were going to spend that kind of money I would want an original to copy. Perhaps someone could take a close up picture of a Newell Coach emblem from the 70's and send it to me with dimensions? There is a set up fee for the first emblem, are there any other's out there in need of a Newell emblem?

Bob,

I probably got the last script "Newell Coach" emblem from a factory tech and I sent him Bendix cruise control parts. We are currently in Denver, CO, I will remove it from our coach, clean it up, and take pictures and measurements. How would you like that info sent to you, let us know.

sopicki
06-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Wyn and KI,

Thank you for your kind offer. How cool to have gotten a new old stock emblem! I still search for someone parting out their coach, but I've never actually seen one.

We tow a Honda Accord, a 1981 called the roadrunner since it's horn sounds just like the cartoon character.

A member sent me some very nice pictures with measurements last year, sadly I haven't gotten the emblems custom made yet. Right now if it doesn't make it go, stop or cruise I don't have the time or money to spend on it......especially since my soon to be 15 year old needed a professional saxophone for high school marching band. That just ate up my Newell budget for the next few months.

Thank you for the offer, it's nice that other Newell owners are willing to help!

sopicki
10-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Just an update to this thread. I found these laser cut aluminum emblems on e-bay a couple of months ago.

They polished up real nice. We put one on the front, one on the back and one in the doorway.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos.....lousy cell phone camera.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Bob

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5150&stc=1http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5151&stc=1http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5152&stc=1

86loco
11-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Glad to here you found something. I don't see any photos showing up here and would love to see what you got.

sopicki
11-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Glad to here you found something. I don't see any photos showing up here and would love to see what you got.

Darn the bad luck, the pics didn't make it.

Lemme try again.

AshGraham
06-13-2019, 12:00 AM
I have a 1972 Newell coach. 3208 caterpillar with Allison transmission. Outside not in bad shape, have the emblem and horn u were looking for. But more interested in selling the unit.

AshGraham
06-13-2019, 12:05 AM
You still looking for parts for your 72 newell