PDA

View Full Version : The Future of the Internal Combustion Engine - Inside Koenigsegg

MrE
06-08-2013, 04:56 AM
A friend sent me this video showing new technology for auto engines. I feel you will find this new technology exciting.
For all you ‘Gear-Heads’ out there I find this Pretty darn cool!!!!!!!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bch5B23_pu0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Neweller
06-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Jon, that is some pretty promising information. You always dig up some cool tech stuff, thanks for sharing. I can see you now out at the salt flats setting the world luxury coach land speed record in a Newell Coach. :thumbsup:

Can you only imagine how much technology like this has been shelved or not allowed to reach the masses over the years thanks to the big corporations protecting their bottom lines.

GORDON HUMMEL
06-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Very interesting. This technology has been used in F1 engines for some time. MAN has used this concept in a series of large engines since 2003. Camshaft failure in class 8 truck engines has been close to the #1 failure since the advent of the higher pressure injections used in the emissions engines. I had heard that Cat &/or Cummins had camless engines on dyno's 5-6 years ago.

Considering that there is a potential of 20-30% improved mileage, I wonder if this could go the way of the ..........
...... Fish Carburator?

NEWELLWIZARD
06-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Even for us non gear heads I found this technology interesting, exciting and :thumbup: I'd like to see where this heads in the next couple of years. Another great share Jon! Thanks.

rellick
06-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Cool post Jon! Cant wait to see you out on the salt flats one day with some high tech engine in your Newell!!

The Newell
06-09-2013, 04:24 PM
I agree, Cool post Jon I enjoyed watching.

Joseph

stewart33
06-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Cool video Jon. That's what I was thinkin Keith!