PDA

View Full Version : New Newells have 625 HP!

The Newell
03-03-2006, 06:52 AM
I was reading the current issue of Motorhome Magazine and on the back cover is the Newell Add. I started reading the add of course and I started to wonder what would one do with 625 HP. Now I think anything over 350 is great for a motorhome but 625 oh boy I am sure that sucker roars down the road. Could you imagine taking a 6% grade at 65+ MPH I couldn't. Now I only wish I could afford a new one :D maybe one day.

The Newell

fulltiming
03-03-2006, 02:18 PM
625 HP is top of the pack these days. I would love to get my hands on one of those. Equally impressive is the ZF 10 speed autoshifting transmission. The combination should be impressive.

The weight of the new top of the line motorhomes justs keeps going up. That 625 hp is called on to pull up to 59,580 pounds (GVWR) and up to 79,580 pounds (GCWR) around. The wet weight on their test unit was 53,900 pounds. That compares to 45,200 pounds (GVWR) and 65,200 (GCWR) on my 1992 model with 500 hp.

Newell has always built a great handling coach and I am sure that the new P series is no exception.

tuga
05-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Granted the 625 HP Catapillar C15 engine is awesome, but if you want to see something really neat watch a Z625 with steering tag axle turn around in 74 feet! That is amazing. A 45' motorhome can be heading north and in 74 feet turn in the opposite direction and head south. I saw one of these beauties make a 90 degree turn into one of the service bays. The coach just pulled right inside the building; it didn't have to pull up, then back up, then drive inside. It just turned in and drove inside - UNBELIEVEABLE! The tag axle actually steers 23 degrees in the opposite direction that the front wheels are turned. The result makes you do a double take. I took a picture at the Newell factory of a Z625 turning around; you can see the tag axle turning. If anyone would like to see it, just email me at tugagaidry@bellsouth.net and I'll send it to you. :!: