PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Flooding

rellick
06-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Calgary and area severe flooding, I thought I would post this link for people planning a trip to or near Calgary in the near future.
Calgary flood: Alberta residents describe what they're seeing - Canada - CBC News (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/06/21/f-calgary-flood-reactions.html)

Cheri Smith
06-22-2013, 12:21 AM
All those on the forum who are up there or have family and friends be safe! That looks bad, real bad!!!! :(

Neweller
06-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Over 100,000 people have had to evacuate the area. Hope the water recedes soon. Now there is a storm rolling in from the pacific northwest threatening the northern plains and upper Midwest. This has too be one of the worst years for rain across the country in decades. Actually I don't remember when there were storms that hit all around the country and Canada. They are also predicting a rough hurricane season but who can really tell, they have done this in the past but it didn't turn out that bad.

folivier
06-22-2013, 03:10 AM
Yeah in February we left for Florida when southeast Louisiana flooded all around us. Visited the areas now on fire in Colorado 30 days before. Now we're heading to Cochrane just north of Calgary in about 10 days. Hoping to see the Stampede. Best wishes for all the people affected.

NEWELLWIZARD
06-22-2013, 03:06 PM
I hope the flooding stops and I hope they get those darn wild fires under control.