PDA

View Full Version : Shower Tap

mnhoff
06-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Help' My shower has wonderfull pressure on cold and just trickles when I turn up the temp to warm or hot. Started to remove shower tap with no success, so I tryed to remove slide out in the galley, opposite side of shower. Thats not working well as there is normally tabs on full extension drawer slides to release but none to be found. Please help as I am not having fun with this cold shower deal.

GringoPhil
06-23-2013, 06:41 PM
mnhoff,

Has your aquahot annual maintenance been performed? I would start there. Normally I'd recommend inspecting your check valve but we are talking aquahot not regular hot water heater right?

Phil

cdat
06-23-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure how long you've had your coach, we had the same problem until we discovered the little red button on the shower tap that let you turn the hot water all the way on. Not trying to question your intelligence just trying to point out an easy thing to miss.
John

JustDustin
06-23-2013, 07:23 PM
John you're right it can be sometimes the simplest little thing that can be missed. However if you are still getting to know your coach things will surely be missed.

mnhoff
06-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I had success. The only way on mine that is to remove the pantry shelving is to remove the screws that hold the full extension slide to the box. My problem there was two of the exsisting screws inside the cabinet had backed off allowing the pantry slide to only open half way into the hallway opening. Out came the saws all with a metal blade and cut the screws off that hold the slide to the box. When the pantry slide came out the rest was easy. Exchanged none operating shower tap set with a new moen high quality set which enables me to now change life time warranty cartridges from inside the shower. Everything is back in place with hot and cold water in the shower stall and kitchen pantry slides both upper and lower both sliding out to their extremity. It also enabled me to lubicate the full extension slides in the shop before reinstallation.

stewart33
06-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Good to hear! :thumbsup: