PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious 120V flow

77newell
08-14-2013, 05:29 PM
My 93 coach runs the microwave off the inverter when not connected to the post. The weird part is that I can find no voltage in the breaker box while the microwave is working this way. So, how on earth does the current get there without being detectable at the box? My "current" theory is that it is spy electricity, but that doesn't help me from having one of those "you light up my life" experiences.

Neweller
08-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Sounds like phantom power. Maybe Forest hooked up one of those secret GPS Power Grabbers? He's always looking for a bargain and you never know what he may have conjured up.rollinglol

folivier
08-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Your 93 does not have a separate breaker panel for the inverter, just uses the built in breakers on the inverter. I think the microwave runs through the inverter and not the electric panel. Hope this helps.

NewellCrazy
08-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Jon, What inverter do you have installed.

prairieschooner
08-14-2013, 11:34 PM
I had this problem when we first got our coach. That Circuit was powered by the Inverter. There is a Relay in these (at least the older) Inverters that automatically provides power when the Shore Power is Disconnected and the Inverter is chosen (maybe on the Remote Panel).
This was such a problem that I installed a Circuit Breaker in the Power Bay and a Source Isolation Switch for that Circuit.
Good Luck!
If you would like to talk I can PM you a phone number, just ask!