PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Leak

VinceD
09-17-2013, 03:30 PM
There is a fluid leak on my 2002 Newell. It is right below the drivers side compartment. There is a door on the drivers side that contains some kind of hydraulic components and I cannot figure what it is for. Is this related to steering or the Howard steering unit? The fluid is red.

afrench45
09-17-2013, 03:50 PM
If memory severs correctly, your coach is equipped with Howards right? My guess is it is that leaking. Did you happen to leave it turned on while making a turn slow or tight? I have noticed if I do that on accident it causes my pump to leak.

VinceD
09-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Yes it is. I did find a company that works on them believe it or not. I am speaking with them about fixing it. If anyone needs their info, I will be happy to provide it.

folivier
09-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Those hydraulic components are probably your slide mechanisms if you have the HWH slide outs. There is also reservoir tank there. If you have a leak there check the tank level, may not get your slides back in if it gets too low.

VinceD
09-17-2013, 05:26 PM
There is a sight glass on the reservoir. I will keep a eye on it. What type of fluid does it take? I guess I could look it up or call Newell. I have all the manuals on the coach.

afrench45
09-17-2013, 07:54 PM
If there is a sight glass, it is the howards steering. The slides have a dipstick that you check in the square tank.