PDA

View Full Version : No Power in RV, but power to pole/plug

MiracleJ
10-18-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm hooked up to shore power and Earlier today I lost power a couple times. I asked maintenance and they check out the electric pole and said it was fine. It read 240 ac (I think) with his meter. I flipped pole breaker off and on and it would work for about 10 minutes. I did it a second time and it seemed to work for a few hours.

We just got back to RV from breakfast and no power to coach. Did the breaker on the pole, but this time 'no power to coach still'.

I'm currently running my generator and everything works fine using that.

Any ideas on to fix?

rellick
10-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi Jerry it sounds like there is issues with the power at your site, I would guess the breaker at the pole is weak, perhaps if it is possible to try a different one or turn some things off so you are using less power.

NewellCrazy
10-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Jerry, It sounds like your Surge Guard is probably doing the right thing and has removed power due to some type of fault. Should voltage drop below or go above safe levels it will remove power until the voltage returns to normal.

Yachts
10-20-2013, 04:39 AM
Check the connections inside the plug.. I had the same issue at camp gulf and one of the legs had burned inside the plug.. Gave me the exact same issues.. Power was fine at pole but after a little while when my ac's kicked I lost power.. New plug head and was good as new or should I say newell..lolol