PDA

View Full Version : Rear Camera

larryweikart
10-31-2013, 12:23 AM
While backing up, the camera flickered a couple of times and the picture went out. The screen is still lit up but no picture. Anyone have this experience? How would I go about checking for the culprit?

folivier
10-31-2013, 12:36 AM
Yep, that's what mine is doing Larry. My solution is to buy a new one. Get rid of the old one and get color!
Really don't know what is the cause but sure makes it a pain when backing up.

larryweikart
10-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks Forest, have you made the purchase yet. I'm wondering if the wiring will be the same for a new camera and if the screen will fit in the same size opening. Also, what if the problem is a wiring problem?

rellick
10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Larry, they do have wireless ones that are very reasonably priced, garmin also has a 7" gps for big rigs with an optional wireless camara that should fit in the same spot as your old camara. You can even program in your size and supposed to tell you where the size restricions are, also has rv resort locations etc. I think I posted a link on the forum here somwhere for them?

larryweikart
10-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks Keith, I need to do some research as I haven't even thought about a rear camera for umpteen years. I would rather repair it if it is a simple problem but it may just be worn out.

MrE
11-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Larry,

Does your monitor have another connection for video input? It may be that Video 1 is bad but Video 2 is still good.

Mine was bad when I bought the coach, and I replaced it with a wired unit that I had to string the cable for. The one feature about it that I really like is it has a microphone in the camera so anyone standing in the back can communicate with the driver without shouting or having to open windows.

If I had to do it again, I probably would have opted for a unit with side view cameras also.

larryweikart
11-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't know Jon, but I'll find out Monday. Thanks for the info!